16 Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps That You Should Try Now
If you are looking for the perfect email marketing app to bring in sales for your Shopify store, chances are, you’ve already known how effective email marketing is.
In case you want a refresher, email marketing has a 36x-42x ROI for every $1 spent, and most E-commerce businesses sending emails today see 20-30% of their revenue come from emails.
Therefore, if you are one of the 1,000,000+ brands using Shopify, you will know that there are a lot of email marketing apps you can choose from. However, how can you choose the best one among them?
We’ll help you find the best Shopify email marketing app right below. Keep reading and exploring!
Why is it essential to have a Shopify email marketing app?
Email marketing has actually proven time and again that it’s the most affordable and easy-to-use communication channel and also brings in the best conversions and sales for businesses.
With the right Shopify email marketing app, it’s easier to roll out different automated emails based on your customers’ actions. You’ll also be able to integrate the app with your Shopify store, making things easier to keep track of customer data and send triggered emails.
What should you look for in the best Shopify email marketing app?
There are multiple email marketing apps on Shopify, and the range of features they have are equally as numerous. This happens because email marketing is not just about one activity. There are different aspects to the process: you’ve got visitors to subscribe to your email list, send your emails, and collect results. Some Shopify email marketing apps can do all of them, while some are very specific, and only implement one or two of these tasks.
Nevertheless, whatever apps you choose, remember that the best Shopify email marketing apps should have the following features:
Easy integration. Ideally, it should be easy to integrate the app with your Shopify store without any complicated procedure.
Contact details import. A good Shopify email marketing app automatically imports your customer data or asks you to import them by uploading a CSV file.
Lists and segmentations. Many Shopify email marketing apps have pre-existing segmentation or have the option to let you create segmentations.
Reports. An efficient Shopify email marketing app should give you in-depth reports of how your campaigns performed.
Affordable pricing. Pricing is one of the most important elements that many small businesses or startups will need to check. Your ROI (Return on Investment) should increase; at the same time, you shouldn’t blow your money in email marketing. Therefore, affordable pricing is crucial.
Want to up your Shopify email marketing? Worry not; have a look at our detailed research on the most excellent email marketing apps on Shopify and their features, then make your final decision!
Sounds too good to be true? Well, we’ll let you decide what is best for your brand!
Top 16 Shopify email marketing apps that you should try now
1. AVADA Marketing Automation
Without any doubt, AVADA Email Marketing, SMS, and Popups is the most reasonable and outstanding solution for any merchants that target to convert their visitors and build long-term customer relationships. The platform lets you follow up and convert your customers via omnichannel, including email marketing, SMS, push notifications, and WhatsApp.
With user experience in mind, developers and designers at AVADA make everything simple to use, even for novice users. For anyone with little or even no design experience, the app offers 100+ ready-to-use email templates that can save a lot of time and effort.
In addition, with automatic data synced from your Shopify store, you can easily manage your contacts. You can achieve the best possible results by segmenting contacts and targeting specific audiences for your emails. The platform especially offers a free plan and a 14-day free trial for small businesses and startups to experience.
Key features of AVADA Marketing Automation for Shopify stores:
- Easily collect emails with Newsletter Popup/ Spin to Win
- Send welcome email series when someone sets up an account on your website
- Send order/shipping/return confirmation emails to customers
- Send cross-sell and upsell emails to motivate new buyers to purchase more related or higher-end products
- Cover your lost sales with Abandoned Cart Email automation
- Follow up with unsubscribers and make them go back with appealing offers
- Track ROI by advanced reports
- Auto-sync customer data
- Stellar customer support (you can see that in the Reviews section on Shopify!)
- Free plan
- Pro plan: from $9/month
- Advanced plan: from $49/month
- Enterprise plan: custom pricing
Sendinblue is a free and powerful Shopify email marketing app. You can use Sendinblue to deploy effective email and SMS marketing campaigns, improve email deliverability, as well as track every detailed metric.
You can also sync your customer data from Shopify from your Sendinblue email marketing account, design your emails, build your own automation workflows, and send them without any coding skills. Moreover, you can search, segment, and target your contacts based on their purchase history or other data, and send email campaigns to the right audience.
With Sendinblue, it’s easy to create beautiful emails by starting from scratch or choosing from dozens of free, ready-made templates.
Key features of Sendinblue app for Shopify stores:
- Automatically sync your Shopify contacts and other data with Sendinblue
- Ensure that your subscribers receive your transactional emails (welcome emails, order confirmation, shipping notifications, etc.) so that they won’t miss anything
- Use the intuitive email builder to create engaging emails
- Allow access to comprehensive and real-time email metrics
Pricing plan: Free
3. Omnisend Email Marketing
As an all-in-one omnichannel automation solution for E-commerce stores, Omnisend works with most E-commerce platforms, including Shopify. You can add SMS marketing, Google, Facebook retargeting ads, Messenger, push notifications, and other channels into one communication flow with your segmented audience.
The platform provides smart email automation while synchronizing all of your marketing channels under one roof. Moreover, Omnisend can eliminate the guesswork with flexible segmentation, such as segments based on email campaigns and shopping behavior.
Key features of Omnisend Email Marketing for Shopify:
- Convert store visitors to customers with pre-built E-commerce automation
- Offer pre-made, customizable email templates and a drag-and-drop editor
- Segment based on your shopping behavior and their details which can be used to increase your open rates
- Collect your customer details through GDPR & TCPA compliant forms
- Give you detailed performance metrics together with your campaign report
- Give you the option to link all your email, SMS, and other channels to widen your marketing campaigns
- Free plan
- Standard plan: $16/month
- Pro plan: $59/month
ActiveCampaign is another Shopify email marketing platform that offers compelling marketing automation. Even though ActiveCampaign started as a consulting firm, it expanded its capabilities as an on-premises software solution to help SMBs automate marketing tasks and manage contacts.
The app has many Shopify email marketing features, but it doesn’t stop there. It offers many more digital marketing activities, such as smart paid advertising to SMS. Its Shopify integration is so easy that you can sync your customer data between Shopify and ActiveCampaign accounts without any hassle.
Key features of ActiveCampaign app for Shopify stores:
- Sync your customer data between Shopify and ActiveCampaign accounts without any hassle
- Offer excellent Shopify email segmentation capabilities with the ability to sync subscribers to different lists
- Offer easy-to-use and powerful Shopify email marketing automation builders
- Offer an easy-to-use drag-and-drop email builder to create beautiful emails
- Provide easy-to-switching options from one email platform to another one due to its free migration service
- Free plan
- Lite plan: $15/month
- Plus plan: $70/month
- Professional plan: $159/month
Firepush is a simple yet effective email marketing app for Shopify, designed for marketing and transactional emails. You can promote your offers with marketing emails while sending updates on orders, payments, and deliveries.
The platform has almost everything you need to sell: an easy email editor, campaign automation, templates, and analytics. You can build custom emails or take advantage of pre-made ones to send newsletters, recover abandoned carts, and share promotions.
Like AVADA Marketing Automation, Firepush also features SMS and push notifications. If you want to conduct various marketing campaigns and reach customers on different channels, Firepush could be another option to make that happen.
Key features of Firepush app for Shopify stores:
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Automated campaigns for transactions and marketing
- Robust campaign reporting to monitor email campaign performance
- Designer-made email templates
- One-click customer segmentation to create more personalized offers based on customer browsing history, interests, purchases, etc.
Pricing plans: You can send up to 500 messages to 250 contacts for free. If you have more than 250 contacts, the platform will automatically upgrade you to a higher tier or paid plan (from $16/month).
6. Klaviyo Email Marketing
Like Omnisend, Klaviyo offers a complete suite of tools necessary for email marketing, from signup forms, email campaigns, and robust segmentation, to marketing automation across various channels.
The platform gives you a comprehensive analysis of your campaign’s efficiency, as well as evaluates the tendency of customers’ purchase behavior. In addition, Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS assists in designing email templates, which will match well with your brand image. Another interesting feature is that Klaviyo can directly connect with your Facebook account, so you can update your images immediately when posting on your website.
Key features of Klaviyo Email Marketing for Shopify stores:
- Recapture your lost sales with pre-built email automation flows, such as abandoned cart and winback emails
- Offer 100+ integrations ranging from rewards programs to shipping solutions
- Collect data from Shopify and other apps to segment your subscribers and send super-targeted email campaigns
- Sync customer lists and segments to social media channels to target the right customers
- Provide in-depth analytics and reporting
Pricing plan: Free to install (free up to 250 email contacts)
Privy is trusted by many E-commerce businesses to boost website conversion, improve their email lists, and drive more sales. Integrated well with Shopify and Shopify+, Privy lets you create an account within a few minutes and get your first campaign live quickly.
You can also use a lot of outstanding elements for your website, such as exit-intent popups and banners, to grow your marketing list. Moreover, there are many ways to trigger your campaigns, like the type of device visitors are using, the page they’re viewing, and the value in their cart. That means you are able to choose individual campaigns based on user behaviors and other elements.
Key features of Privy app for Shopify stores:
- Automate welcome emails, order follow-ups, and cart abandonment
- Build eye-catching popups with easy-to-use targeting and triggers that motivate people to join your list
- Show real-time reports to help you understand how your campaigns are performing on various key metrics
- Offer automated A/B tests to help you understand how small changes impact conversion rates
- Free plan
- Starter plan: $15/month
- Growth plan: $45/month
- Conversion only plan: $70/month
The efficiency of using BayEngage lies in its easy-to-use features. It’s a new customer engagement and all-in-one Shopify email marketing app from TargetBay.
With BayEngage, you don’t need to worry about customer engagement. You can also take advantage of its segmentation and email marketing automation features. Besides, the platform will amaze you with its 250+ email templates designed for all the occasions that you’ll need for your store.
Key features of BayEngage app for Shopify stores:
- Offer more than 250 customizable email templates
- Segment your customers according to their demography, gender, and shopping history
- Automatically fetch product details from your Shopify store
- Offer automated emails
- A/B test to find which subject line and content work best
- Free plan
- Premium plan: $10/month
Created and developed by the SmartrMail team, SmartrMail Email Marketing is a helpful app that boosts your sales by offering attractive deals via emails.
This Shopify app lets you send personalized emails to one or several customer groups. Your customers will be classified into different segments; then, the email will be sent to its target segments. In addition, SmartrMail features a Quick Email Newsletter feature, which can build an email newsletter five times faster than other apps. All workflows are automatic, including welcome emails, win-back campaigns, and cross-selling recommendations.
Key features of SmatrMail for Shopify stores:
- Offer ready-to-use email automation, including welcome emails, abandoned cart emails, thank-you emails, and win-back emails
- Set up segments & automation based on customer purchase activities
- Grow your email lists with the email capture popup
- Add products/services to your newsletters in a single click with free email templates
- Free plan
- Standard plan: $19/month
- Unlimited plan: $99/month
Time is your most precious asset when you’re running a small business or being a solopreneur. While many Shopify email marketing apps actually slow you down, Seguno was designed to save you time.
With many outstanding features, Seguno helps you build excitement with your subscribers. The platform lets you send coming-soon emails to generate anticipations for product launches. Also, you can send discount reminders to help customers save money while boosting sales during sales times.
Like many other effective Shopify email marketing apps, Seguno provides in-depth reports for you to analyze and develop more efficient strategies for later campaigns.
Key features of Seguno for Shopify stores:
- Offer a pre-built library of automation
- Set unique codes, product prices, discount details, and links automatically
- Integrate with all Shopify marketing reports
- Offer a library of email templates for you to pick from or create custom ones
- Allow collecting dynamic recommendations
- Free plan
- Paid plan: $10/month (+$10/m/extra 1,000 subscribers)
Recommend: 8+ Best Seguno Alternatives & Competitors
If you are searching for a solution to completely customize and automate email marketing for your Shopify store, Remarkety - Email, SMS, Social is a decent choice.
With a lot of features, Remarkety helps you create and send hyper-personalized messages with different vouchers and product recommendations. Furthermore, it boosts customer engagement by segmenting customers based on their activities and purchase behavior.
Key features of Remarkety app for Shopify stores:
- Get started within minutes with built-in segments and templates
- Send newsletters and SMS blasts to your hyper-segmented, targeted audiences
- Fine-tune customers based on their purchase history, using historical and real-time data
- Create Facebook & Instagram campaigns by syncing Remarkety segments with Facebook Custom Audiences
- Create Shopify coupons with unique, single-use discount codes automatically
- Offer customizable, AI-based predictive product recommendations
- Provide detailed reporting on every campaign
- Basic plan: $25/month
- Starter plan: $100/month
- Advanced plan: $300/ month
- Professional plan: $800/month
12. CM Commerce
CM Commerce is an automated Shopify email marketing app that prioritizes customer interactions with personalized content.
CM Commerce boasts of its powerful segmentation with customers’ purchase, demographic, preference, and engagement data. It also integrates seamlessly with your Shopify store, as well as other apps like OptinMonster, Privy, Smile.io, LoyaltyLion, and JustUno.
However, remember that CM Commerce doesn’t offer any additional channels rather than email. So, you can’t send an SMS or include retargeting into your communication workflows. If you’d like to focus on email marketing only, this tool may be good for you.
Key features of CM Commerce app for Shopify stores:
- Offer email marketing automation with ready-to-go automation recipes
- Give powerful segmentation based on your customer’s purchase, demographic, preference, and engagement data
- Instantly sync all of your subscriber and order data to build up-to-date customer profiles and list segments
- Build brand trust with real customer product reviews
Pricing plans: from $9/month, based on the number of subscribers
OrderlyEmails focuses on email templates that can match well with your website and help you sell more. You can add or remove the app for free, but be aware that extra fees can be applied if necessary.
OrderlyEmails can upgrade your store’s boring default email notifications with many more professional and practical designs. Additionally, it helps generate more sales by including product recommendations, discounts, social profiles, and upsells in your email notifications.
Key features of OrderlyEmails app for Shopify stores:
- Design eye-catching, beautiful, and professional email templates for your store in three simple steps
- Get email designs personalized, tested, or translated
- Sell more with discount codes and product recommendations
- Include email conversion tracking
- Translate your email notifications with 1-click
Pricing plan: Free to install, customize, and test before purchase. $49 (one-time payment) per theme.
14. Smart Email Marketing
Created and launched by Coherent Path Inc., Smart Email Marketing is a supportive app to boost your sales with personalized and automatic emails.
With Smart Email Marketing, you can save your sales from being lost by delivering the right email to the right audience. That means your emails are thoroughly classified and designed to be appropriate for every target segmentation. This app also features Smart Product Recommendation & Timing feature, allowing store owners to get more traffic at high speed by sending messages at the time customers tend to make orders.
Key features of Smart Email Marketing:
- Send hyper-personalized smart campaigns to get your customers buying
- Create email campaigns faster with Smart Product
- Recommendations tailored to each customer
- Get started with a one-click install
- Free plan
- Growth plan: $24/month
- Pro plan: $39/month
- Exec plan: $79/month
15. Automizely Email Marketing
If you want an effective and budget-conscious email marketing app for your Shopify store, this is the app for you.
Automizely acts as a multi email marketing and conversion optimization app suite with 30+ sales apps to effectively boost your sales while reducing your page load times. As it integrates seamlessly with Shopify, you can set up your account within minutes and for free.
Key features of Automizely Email Marketing for Shopify stores:
- Offer fully customizable popup campaign builder
- Embed forms into your Shopify store to gather valuable information about your customers
- Automate your email marketing
- Add powerful elements to your page, including social proof, shipping bar, and trust badges within minutes
- Free plan
- Basic plan: $11/month
- Essentials plan: $25/month
- Pro plan: $95/month
Last but not least, Spently helps you boost repeat purchases from most-opened emails. Because these people most likely buy from you again, it can help rocket your sales.
Moreover, you can incentivize customers with appealing unique discount codes to drive repeat purchases. It is also possible to upsell products and send the right recommendations to the right shoppers based on their past purchases and behaviors. Don’t forget that you can use its analytics and get customer insights.
Key features of Spently for Shopify stores:
- Boost your sales with the most-opened emails, such as order confirmations, shipping updates, and abandoned carts
- Drive more repeat purchases through product recommendations, dynamic discounts, and referrals
- Provide beautiful & professional email templates to match your Shopify store
- Deepen customer engagement using social media channels
- Offer analytics dashboards for your tracking
Pricing plan: Free for the first 25 orders of each month. $10 per additional 50 orders.
The bottom line
There are a lot of Shopify email marketing apps out there; sometimes, it can be challenging to find the best. We have done the work for you and compiled a list of the 16 best Shopify email marketing apps.
If you want an all-in-one email marketing solution that includes an easy drag-and-drop editor, smart automation workflows, responsive email templates, real-time insights, top-notch customer support, and budget-friendly plans, then look no further than AVADA Marketing Automation.
It’s free to get advice from email marketing experts, so don’t hesitate to contact us now!