What is a Private Label Manufacturer? 30 Examples of All Niches For You
Private labeling is known as one of the most effective methods to make your products stand out from the millions of others. It is also considered as one of the most profitable eCommerce business models because you can rank yours as a unique brand with it. In the past few years, private labeling has become so common, with many eCommerce and online businesses selling goods that are produced by another company as their own products. Nevertheless, the truth is that setting up a private label business is not easy for you as you will need to care about many things that are outside your control.
If you are not really sure about the term “Private label”, so I have this What Is a Private Label Manufacturer? 30 Private Label Manufacturers Of All Niches For You article here for you, as we will show you everything about private label business model, how to reach them or choose private label manufacturers, also 30 examples for this kind of manufactures. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
- What is the Private Label business model?
- What are examples of Private label brands?
- What are Private label manufacturers?
- How to find private label manufacturers?
- How to reach out to private label manufacturers?
- 30 Examples of private label manufacturers
- Craft and Supplies Manufacturers
- Electronics/Accessories Manufacturers
- Health and Beauty Product Manufacturers
- Clothing, Shoes And Accessories Manufacturers
- Home and Garden Suppliers
- Supplements and Nutrition Manufacturers
What is the Private Label business model?
According to Wikipedia, private label products are those manufactured by one company for sale under another company’s brand. You can see private-label products in various industries including food and even cosmetics.
In the Private Label business model, the retailer is the sole manager of that brand, and the sale in a specific chain of stores is called store brands. These brands are often positioned as lower-cost alternatives to regional, national or international brands because the retailer would be able to optimize the production to suit consumer demand and cut down the advertising costs.
In order to run the private label business model, there must be two main roles in the transaction, which are the retailers and the suppliers. In this model, merchants often find suppliers who can produce goods for them on the formulations, designs, and materials. Then, the merchant will only have to put their own branding on the product or the packaging. In terms of suppliers, they find the private label that matches the goods type, those they have expertise and capabilities to manufacture. As a result, suppliers will sell those products on a wholesale level to merchants.
What are examples of Private label brands?
Most private label goods are items that already exist, and with some minor changes made by the manufacturer, so then the retailer can sell them in their store. These types of products are usually:
- Clothing & Apparel
- Cosmetics & Beauty Products
- Vitamins & Nutraceuticals
- Electronics & Computers
Here are some examples that I would like to demonstrate for you to understand this Private Brands model more clearly:
- In 2007, there were more than 60 million cans of pet food sold under more than 100 brand names made by Menu Foods in the United States. When people made this mass recall that they realized competing brands are often made by the same manufacturer. However, those ingredients, designs, and quality in these brands were different from the others.
- Cheap – cut price. Tesco Value: This brand has an advantage in a particular series that provided extremely low prices. Tesco used to utilize unattractive packaging to attempt to reinforce the image of very low-price items. However, recently, Tesco value dropped its ‘super-cheap’ image when it made the packing less unique than the ordinary products, and they try to promote the quality rather than the
ultra cheap– private label.
What are Private label manufacturers?
Private label manufacturers here are the suppliers. They are the manufactures of goods based with their own ways, formulations or designs. Merchants will be provided the products at a wholesale price from Private label manufacturers. In some cases, the manufacturers can be the wholesalers at the same time, like a private label supplier. Different from the private label business model, which has manufacturers create their own products but label them under other merchants’ branding, private label suppliers just only make little adjustments on the product just to meet a merchants’ requirements.
Types of Private label manufacturers
There are so many types of private label manufacturers available that you can work with. Here are the most significant ones that can bring your product idea and help you start in the right direction.
- Private Label Clothing & Accessories: These private label manufacturers produce clothing and apparel, and even accessories and shoes, including but not limited to products like t-shirts, jeans, jackets, headgear, trousers, skirts, dresses, handbags, runners, and etc.
- Private Label Foods & Drinks: This kind of private label manufacturers have engaged in food and drinks, including but not limited to granola bars, protein bars, dry goods, sauces, oils, vinegar, wine, coffee, tea, chocolate, cooking utensils, pasta, confectionery, cereals, dips, crackers, kitchen supplies, and related things.
- Private Label Computers & Electronic: These private label manufacturers have goods that refer to electronic goods including but not limited to mobile phones, tablets, computers, cables, charging devices, electronic accessories, and so on.
- Private Label Home, Garden & Office Supplies: This private label manufacturers owns a wide range of goods including but not limited to homewares, furniture, office furniture, office supplies, outdoor supplies, chairs, kitchen utensils, and etc.
- Private Label Cosmetics: This private label suppliers produce all kinds of cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, and wellness goods, including but not limited to makeup, perfume, soap, cleansers, lotions, beard oils, bath products, shower gel, cosmetic tools, and more.
- Private Label Supplements & Private Label Vitamins: This private label manufacturers are about wellness products including but not limited to vitamins, nutraceuticals, protein powders, nutritional supplements, and so many more.
- Private Label Hair Products: All types of hair products including but not limited to shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, leave-in conditioner, styling products, styling tools, hair utensils, and more are manufactured by this type of private label manufacturers
How to find private label manufacturers?
You will need multiple channels to find a manufacturer online. This is a necessary start because you can not begin an online business if you don’t have the one who supplies products to sell. There are 7 recommended ways for you to easily search and find manufacturers on the internet:
Looking for private label manufacturers can be as easy as making a Google search. There are bunches of information available here due to the enormous amount of data Google. This method would be the best for those who have time to dedicate to searching for a private label supplier, or those who are looking for a very specific kind of supplier. You can also try variations of your search terms in case you are having trouble locating a manufacturer.
This method would be more suitable for finding overseas private label suppliers, in particular as Alibaba is one of the largest online supplier directories for overseas manufacturers. The search techniques here are just the same as those used on Google.
A Better Lemonade stand Directory
In case you don’t have the time to search through many pages of Google to find private label product suppliers, then just try looking for them on an online private label directory instead. In a better lemonade stand directory, you will be able to find reputable private label manufacturers that you can source high-quality products from. In this directory, there are different goods and services provided by many companies. So, just take your time to go through them to choose the best type of products for you to sell.
Thomasnet is also a great place to find Suppliers, Insights, Tools and so many more things. There are over 500 000 detailed Supplier profiles here on Thomasnet. It has become the largest and most active network of B2B buyers and industrial suppliers in North America as well.
JungleScout is considered to be the most reliable way to find a supplier as it claimed itself to be where that has the instant access in a world of confirmed, high-quality manufacturers to make your product idea a reality.
Reddit is not really a familiar source, and people don’t often consider them as source for private label manufacturers. But this is worth a try as there are many people who have succeeded in searching for manufacturers here. Even more, you are able to create a new thread asking for manufacturers for a specific niche or product as well.
Salehoo considers itself as a powerful research tool, supplier directory, and online community for dropshippers, wholesalers, and eCommerce stores. It has about 8000 low-cost suppliers, which are handpicked and securely verified to avoid scammers.
How to reach out to private label manufacturers?
Once you can locate the private label suppliers to work with, the next step is to contact them. The ideal way is having a few or several suppliers to reach out to so that you can make sure they can offer you the exact information that you are looking for.
While connecting with them, you should apply the tips below to bring the most efficient way as possible:
- Write Clearly & Concisely: Make it clear about the thing that you look for and what you require them to do. Always give a call-to-action for them to respond to.
- Use Numbers: Try to use actual numbers like 1, 2, 3 instead of writing out numbers in words like one, two or three to avoid miscommunication.
- Be Patient: Be calm, because suppliers often spend a lot of their time in their factory, and it might take them some time to respond to their emails.
- Use Lists: Utilize bullet points and numbered questions to communicate rather than paragraphs or long sentences
- Keep it Short & Sweet: Don’t ask suppliers too many questions at the same time because it can be overwhelming for them.
- Give Examples: You should give example like images created on Photoshop or AutoCAD to describe exactly what you have wanted for your product.
- Don’t Assume Anything: Keep asking questions to your supplier to ensure that you can know exactly what the supplier’s process is and make them understand your needs.
Here are several examples of questions that you should use to ask private label suppliers in your initial email:
- Ask about their MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity). Even you can see this listed on their website, but just try asking because it is usually up for negotiation, especially if you present a long-term business opportunity.
- Ask for particular product information, such as colors, sizes, materials, dimensions and many more and make sure whether they can modify them for your private label product.
- Ask them if there will be extra fees for shipping overseas.
- Ask them about the price for each unit and how long is production time.
- Ask about their preferred payment method and tell them yours as well.
30 Examples of private label manufacturers
Craft and Supplies Manufacturers
LSPI would be a perfect choice if you are looking for a company that specializes in private label office supplies. This company has about 30 distribution centers nationwide and is about to operate out of the United States. There are about 40 000 different national and private-label business products, ranging from paperclips to printers in their product lines. Not only the product distribution, but their services also offer: 24/7 ordering, On-site Inventory Management and Tab Exchange Program.
2. Dehua Better Arts And Crafts
Dehua Better Arts and Crafts would be a good selection for those who are looking to sell jars, bottles or cookware and else. This company is located in China, which manufactures supplies all sorts of terracotta, ceramic and porcelain cups, bowls and cookware. The minimum quantity to order is 840 to about 2000. They will respond to you quickly when you have inquiries, and also the white label.
3. Just Vision It
Just Vision It is a private label that produce t-shirts, pillow covers, rugs, curtains and other home decorate fabric. This manufacture is based in the USA, with the specialization in the custom fabrication of apparel, home decorates products and soft signages. Also, they do supply the white label and do drop shipping for you.
4. Welburn Candles Private Limited
Welburn Candles Private Limited is a good fit to start selling a low volume private label candle business. This private label company is based in India that sells jar candles, pillar candles, votives, decorative candles, tea light candles, and tin candles. They also have white labeling, and the minimum order quantity here is just 100.
5. Dongguan Zhengxiang Color Film And Arts
Dongguan Zhengxiang Color Film and Arts is a good private label for door and body sticker. Body tattoo stickers and nail art are their specializations. They also have a good deal of door stickers in their store. The minimum order quantity here is 3000 pieces for a majority of their products, for some few products, it can be 500 pieces as well. They also supply white label.
6. Globaltech Industries
Globaltech Industries is a significant high volume manufacturer in the USA. They accept 5000 as the minimum number of orders. There are about 20000 orders of their jar candle fills per day. You are able to ask for a new mold design here. And yes, white label services are also available.
7. Denver Electronic
Denver Electronics is a manufacture that owns several branches throughout Europe and Asia to provide goods for gaming, entertainment, fitness and communication. There are various kinds of international customers that have been worked with them. All of their products here are all ensured to have a two-year warranty and local after-sales support. Also, they have their products certified for the highest quality and safety standards as well.
8. Bolong Watches
Bolong Watches is a private label, which is famous for stainless steel and alloy watches manufacturer. You can get multiple new watch designs to select from their design team. Also, they can give you the custom made services based on your watch sample. They also have the supply chain services that include watches manufacturing watches, shipping service, marketing support and branding. The minimum number of orders is 300 pieces per style for stainless steel watches and 500 pieces per style for alloy watches. They can white label watches and package with your logo too.
Krystalinks is a nice choice for those who are looking for private label with all sorts of accessories. You can ask them to print your logo on your product, use a customized color, and bring you a unique product package as well. Their specialization is in cables, Bluetooth products, cameras and accessories, charging devices, and many more. They have the Minimum Order Quantity varies. White labeling is provided, but if you want to dropship, you should contact them for that.
10. Shenzhen Pengchu Industries
Shenzhen Pengchu Industries is a good fit if you want to sell power accessories. They are a specialized power cable and adaptor supplier. Their minimum order quantity is 500 with dropship and white label services provided
11. Lider Mobile Accessories
Lider Mobile Accessories is a great match for those who want to sell mobile phone accessories. They are private label manufacturers with cell phone chargers, phone cases and protector covers, and data cables. And yes, white labeling service is provided.
Elebest is a good fit for you if you want to start selling with a low volume car accessories business. They produce Car DVR, GPS, infrared night vision, and rearview mirrors with the minimum number of 500. Dropshipping is not available and you will have to contact them for white labeling to know more.
Health and Beauty Product Manufacturers
Mooseberry is a nice choice when you want to sell soaps and body washes, shampoos, oils and creams, common scents and beard products with a low volume as the minimum order quantity here is just 48. They support white labeling and dropshipping in their services too.
14. Natural Skincare
Natural Skincare is a private label manufacturer that sells skincare products which are made from naturally sourced ingredients. Their minimum order quantity is 72 pieces per product, with a minimum opening order of 5000 dollars. They also have a fast response time.
15. Crafting Beauty
Crafting Beauty is a nice choice for those who are looking to work with a specialized fragrance company. They manufacture scented products for the body and the environment. Their minimum order quantity is 1000 units for personal fragrance and 500 units for candles.
CossWiss is a great example in cosmetic manufacturers that enable complete customization of the products when you want to re-sell. This company is based out of Switzerland and has worked in 30 countries. They are designed to support you everything from concept to production including Beauty Market Trends, Brand Concept, Tailor-Made Formulas, and Packaging Solutions, Design and Copywriting, Registration & Legal Advice, or Production, Training Material, POS Material, as well as Marketing Material. Apart from cosmetics and perfumes, CossWiss also provides haircare, skincare and scented candles as well.
Clothing, Shoes And Accessories Manufacturers
17. Moshi Leather Bag
Moshi Leather Bag is a great match if you want to private label leather bags as it you give you the ability to customize your bag designs, leather materials, color and fabric lining. You will be able to also choose zipper options. They have fast response times when you communicate with them. Also, they provide drop shipping and white label services as well.
Hawthorn is a manufacture that will bring you the full creative control of your designs and extra modifications. You can ask them to customize the hardware like branded rivets, zips, and buttons. Also, they can utilize laser engraving for logos. However, this supplier doesn’t support white labeling.
By Paige is perfect for those who want start with low volume as the minimum order quantity here is only 60. They produce shoes, handbags, wallets, caps, flasks, and eyeglasses cases. And in case you want to drop shipping or white labeling, contact them to find out if they do so.
20. Bali Swim
Bali Swim is a great manufacturer that sell seasonal product online. This supplier is considered to have a low minimum order quantity number, high-quality products and constant support as well. From the very beginning, there is a chatbot available for assistance, which will help you continue through the entire production process.
21. Zega Apparel
Zega Apparel is a good supplier for general clothing. It is based in the US, which helps you avoid the language barriers, high shipping costs or long turn around times. They also have a chatbot and great customer support. Sweatshop manufacturing or poorly treated laborers are no allowed here, so don’t be worried about that. And they even have at least 3 quality assurance checks for the products.
Home and Garden Suppliers
22. IGH Global Corporation
IGH Global Corporation is for those who are about to start selling small with bed, bath, living, and dining products. They produce bed products, bath products and dining products including sheets, loungewear, towels, and pillows. The minimum number for orders is 100 and this supplier doesn’t do dropship and white label.
23. Nature Design Crafts
Nature Design Crafts is for you if you want the opportunity to sell private labeled stands. This supplier manufacture all kinds of homes and garden products, which also enables you to customize cake stands, umbrella stands and coffee tables as well. The minimum number for ordering here is 100.
24. A-1 Tablecloth
A-1 Tablecloth is for you if you want to sell tablecloths with custom designs as it enables you to either draw up your own design/pattern or use/modify one of theirs. Also, there are a variety of fabrics that you also can choose to sell.
25. Carroll Clean
Carroll Clean is a manufacturer of disinfectants, cleaning agents, food service chemicals, and aerosols. White label service is also supported here.
Supplements and Nutrition Manufacturers
SMP shorts for Supplement Manufacturing Partner, which is a Nutritional Supplement Manufacturer Based in the USA. They consider themselves as the best and most responsive in the business in providing custom manufacturing and stock private label products for lower MOQs and shorter lead times.
There is also the service team available to help you in refunds, returns and any other needs you have. These are some significant supplement types that they provide: Capsule, Tablet, Softgel, Gummy Vitamin, Powder, Liquid.
Vitalabs is great for low volume startups. There are multiple types of dietary supplements produced by this supplied from amino acids to enzymes. The minimum number for ordering here is 48 and they also enable white labeling as well.
28. JW Nutritional
JW Nutritional is a supplier that produces a variety of supplements from branched-chain amino acids and blends, to muscle stimulator and muscle recovery products. They require no MOQ and also support drop shipping and white labeling as well.
29. Trubody Wellness
Trubody Wellness is a great match if you are looking to sell organic, vegan or gluten-free products. Trubody wellness could really fit your brand, especially in capsules, tablets, liquids, creams, lotions and gel. The minimum order quantity here is just 100 and white labeling is supported.
30. Totally Natural Remedies
Totally Natural Remedies is a great supplier for weight loss, anti-aging and cleaning remedies. They support white label and dropship with the minimum number for ordering is 100.
That’s a wrap for the article today of What Is a Private Label Manufacturer? 30 Private Label Manufacturers Of All Niches For You. After you have selected the product that you want to sell online and decided which suppliers that will make private label for you, I really help you can now successfully reach out to them for estimates and samples and present your idea and brand.
If you still have questions for the content above, from the definition of Private label manufacturers, How to find them to the details of each example, just ask us by leaving comments so that we can answer them later.
You Might Also Like:
About Author: HelenHi! I'm Helen. I am a content marketer at Avada Commerce who is into music, writing, reading, traveling, and discovering new things. Also, I have been purchasing international communication and digital marketing for 4 years. I’m ready to help customers find solutions for their troubles, especially in business development
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click.
Use Social proof to boost sales
Stunning size guide for great shopping experience
Increase customers’ shopping cart size with free shipping offer