What are the Benefits of Amazon Business Account?
Amazon Business allows business owners to access the retail huge’s vast network of providers for easy ordering and numerous appealing discounts. For being part of Amazon Business Prime, you’ll receive additional deals and unique features in order to manage the cash flow and their business expenses.
Anyone can earn millions on business purchases. Amazon Business is customized and tailored for your and your business requirements.
To learn more about the amazing advantages of Amazon Business, let’s dive deeper in this article Amazon Business Account: Benefits and How Does It Work.
Table of content
- What is Amazon business?
- What are the benefits of an Amazon business account?
- How does Amazon business work?
- What’s the difference between Amazon Business and Amazon Business Prime?
- How much does Amazon business account cost?
What is Amazon business?
Amazon Business offers its users a buying solution for their all-sized registered business. Every business can assign users who are enabled to enter and buy business supplies on Amazon on behalf of their employers. The main administrator can accept authorized users or remove them as necessary and handle payment methods, delivery addresses, approval workflows, and reporting options according to the business demands.
Martin Rohde - the director of the commercial vertical at Amazon Business - claimed that we offered access to a wide range of products - everything from IT equipment to janitorial supplies - for businesses of any sizes and across industries.
Pros and Cons of Amazon business
Benefits of Amazon Business
- Price savings and shipping choices
Amazon Business provides price savings and shipping advantages for its business members. Those who have business accounts can buy through Amazon.com. Account owners get price reductions on multi-unit purchases, general price breaks on millions of business items, and the chance to compare prices from different sellers. You can also ask for bulk discounts from some sellers.
- Payment options
You or another administrator of your Amazon Business account can choose individual or shared payments. Shared payment option consists of credit cards, the Amazon corporate credit line, and debit cards. Any eligible user of your business account can choose to use the payment method to buy products on behalf of your business. Whereas all your authorized account users can use the card you add, to enhance security, they can see only the last four digits.
Thanks to the Amazon corporate credit line, your user and management choices are expanded. You can authorize different shoppers on a single account, download order history reports, and pay by purchase order. Its statements are easy to understand, and it requires no annual fees. Account administrators can manage individual and shared payment options and delivery addresses to make ordering convenient and easy for all shoppers in your company.
- Benefits for small businesses
Many businesses have the chance to exempt tax under the Amazon Tax Exemption Program (ATEP). Amazon offers a tool to let you know whether you are eligible for the program. The program then enables you to apply your tax-exempt status to qualified purchases from Amazon and all of its affiliates. There’s even no need to have an Amazon Business Account to capitalize on this benefit.
Amazon Business also offers some transparency into the buying process of the support chain with the analytics dashboard.
On Amazon Business, small business sellers can generate their sales by approaching millions of business consumers throughout the world.
Drawbacks of Amazon Business
- More fees decreases product margin: Amazon Business charges you 6 to 15 percent in fees, except for products that are typically not sold as business items. This does not cover fees for Fulfillment by Amazon.
- Product differentiation is more difficult: When selling on Amazon, you cannot differentiate yourself as simply. In the same way, you can’t communicate with your target market and end customers and explain why they should purchase your product. On Amazon Business, shoppers can easily find out the lowest cost vendors and buy from them.
- Shoppers become Amazon’s customers, not yours: Amazon limits how sellers can interact with buyers. As a vendor, you don’t have much freedom to add packaging inserts and other marketing content. It will be harder for customers to know your brand as Amazon takes more control of the purchaser-seller relationship.
- Product Data and Technical Information: It can be hard to insert product data into Amazon Business. It becomes a very technical and boring task which you may need to outsource to an IT organization. Every item category has its own rules. Setting up your product data will influence how well it sells and shows up on Amazon.
Despite a few drawbacks of Amazon Business, it still may be worth it for you to open an Amazon Business account. After being accepted as an Amazon Business customer, you’re qualified to buy the Business Prime plan, if you want. Business Prime supports Amazon Business, allowing you to be more flexible on shipping and payment terms.
How to create an Amazon business account
Before you do shopping or selling on Amazon Business, you’ll have to create an account, which includes adding some details about your business.
Go to the website business.amazon.com, then click on the
Create a free account button. Next, you provide information such as your name, email address, and create a password. Finally, you will be required to add information such as your full name, business name, business email, or phone number, and more. It takes less than 10 minutes to open a free account.
You can manage your account details, sign up different users, and classify people into separate groups. You can even customize your payment methods and spending limits for every group or user.
Amazon Business also enables you to create approval workflows if you want to be informed of purchases or have a supervisor approve any purchases through the marketplace. In addition, if you’re a non-profit or any other business with tax-exempt status on purchases, there are also choices for that.
What are the Benefits of an Amazon business account?
- Personalized browsing and searching according to your type of business: Amazon utilizes an AI to customize your shopping experience to seek products that fit your type of business.
- Amazon business card: Decide to get rewards or take more time to pay zero-interest on US purchases as Amazon Business.
- Quick business Prime shipping: Free Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day Delivery on some certain products for your business.
- Exclusive Business pricing: Choose prices and bulk discounts on eligible products for your business.
- Business-only discounts: Bulk discounts above what you normally see on Amazon.
- Exclusive items not offered on Amazon: Business-only products, which include hard-to-seek products such as traffic signs, industrial deep fryers, dent pullers, antibodies and so many more.
- Single or multiple business accounts: Open a single or multi-user business account, add some users, and determine groups of users to share payment methods and delivery addresses.
- Purchase approval workflows: Build approval workflows to allow better spending controls.
- Purchasing analytics and report: This enables you to manage spending activity and total costs on purchases at the individual, purchasing group or sort of spend level.
- Price comparison choices: The interface will provide you with different prices and brands in one spot for a specific product. This helps you to prevent wasting time when you click around to look for the best deal on a brand you like.
- Tax exempt purchases: Place tax-exempt purchases and handle tax exemption permissions across an organization.
- Order tracking: Give purchase order or reference numbers to purchases to support reporting and account reconciliation.
- Amazon corporate credit line: Make orders and finance purchases with a credit line.
- Amazon business customer support: Amazon customer service attentive and dedicated to registered business buyers.
- 5 Steps to Fulfill Orders with Fulfillment by Amazon on Shopify
- How to Sell on Amazon? A Guide To Start Quickly!
- Amazon Listing Optimization Guide
- How to Get Review On Amazon?
- How to Start Drop Shipping on Amazon
- How To Sell Amazon Products on Shopify
How does Amazon business work?
How do I access Amazon Business
Visit the Amazon Business page. Then tap on the gold
Create a Free Account button.
Next, you’re required to add your email. If you already own a personal Amazon account, you will be asked to log in.
Follow the prompts to finish your account sign up and now you can begin using Amazon Business.
Do I have to pay for an Amazon Business account?
Amazon Business charges you no cost to sign up. But if you want to leverage Prime shipping, you’ll necessarily pay for a Business Prime account.
The most economical Business account is $179 per year and allows for 3 different users.
What’s the difference between Amazon Business and Amazon Business Prime?
Amazon Business account is applied to business users while Amazon Business Prime is applied to individuals. That’s among the biggest discrepancies and the one that will influence small business holders.
Different from using an Amazon Business Prime account among all employees, an Amazon Business allows to check who is making an order and what each individual or group is purchasing on the account. That helps business owners to take control of their company’s purchases.
How much does Amazon business account cost?
It requires no cost to register for an Amazon Business account. Amazon Business charges you no annual fee to shop on the platform unless you want to access Business Prime Shipping. If you want that, you’ll have to pay a fee according to the quantity of users. Here’s the pricing structure:
- Essentials: $179 a year for up to 3 users
- Small: $499 a year for up to 10 users
- Medium: $1,299 a year for up to 100 users
- Enterprise: #10,099 a year for more than 100 users
You can share your personal Amazon Prime membership with your business account. However, you can’t use this for personal buying. Besides, you cannot use this to resell items that you deliver directly to another consumer using Amazon Business prime shipping.
Amazon Business provides some great benefits that businesses will love. It can not only help you save time and money but improve your buying workflow more effectively as well. We hope that with all the information above on Amazon Business Account you can have a better understanding about it before making any decisions.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this topic, leave them in the comment box. Thank you for reading!
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click.
Use Social proof to boost sales
Stunning size guide for great shopping experience
Increase customers’ shopping cart size with free shipping offer