12 Best Payment Gateways for WooCommerce Stores
Payment gateways are a must for all online providers as it helps customers make payments for purchases made, especially in WooCommerce. Online transactions should be done securely and reliably. Therefore, you should pick a payment gateway provider only after adequate research.
This article will inform you about the 12 best WooCommerce payment gateways that are easy to set up at reasonable prices. These providers all offer good customer support with a high-grade transaction experience to increase your brand loyalty.
Table of Conents:
- An overview of WooCommerce payment gateway
- 12 best WooCommerce payment gateways in 2021
An overview of WooCommerce payment gateway
In WooCommerce, a payment gateway plays a vital role in the checkout process of your online business. It allows the transaction to go through so that merchants can receive their money. Although the payment process seems relatively straightforward as the customers have to fill in their details and wait for the payment to go through, many activities happen behind the scenes.
The encrypted data is then sent to the merchant’s processor. From there, it goes to the credit card association, wherein the deal is approved or denied. If approved, the money is issued by the bank. The ease of transaction depends on the efficiency of your payment gateway. That is why choosing a provider should come with great caution.
12 best WooCommerce payment gateways in 2021
1. WooCommerce Payments
WooCommerce Payments is an accessible gateway payment created by Automatic - the company that established WordPress and WooCommerce. You can use it to collect payments, track cash flow and manage recurring revenue directly from your store’s dashboard. It used to be available only in the US, but the latest updates in June 2021 have expanded the network to five more countries. There is a notice that this plugin works with Stripe and is compatible with Jetpack, so you must have a Stripe account to use it.
- View all the transactions and handle all the disputes and charges on your WordPress back-end dashboard.
- Offer a test mode to enable different kinds of credit and debit cards.
- Excellent compatibility with WooCommerce and other payment gateways supported by WordPress.
- Provide a direct and fast payment method to avoid abandonment carts.
- Cooperation with Apple to bring Apple Pay directly to checkout pages.
- Accept payments for more than 135 currencies without checking exchange rates.
Price: Like we just mentioned before, this plugin is 100% free for WooCommerce users.
Stripe is the most popular payment gateway and processor that you can use on various eCommerce platforms and websites. One of the best functions of Stripe is to allow for processing both credit cards and debit cards on your websites, whether that be Visa or Mastercard. You can get many different integrations to let customers pay with their cards and connect securely through your account. Overall, Stripe is a very convenient payment gateway for WooCommerce, with multiple sign-ins and transactions tests available.
- Offer easy-to-use APIs designed for developers.
- Provide tools for every stack and pre-built integrations.
- Connect directly with card networks from thousands of banks to track checkout flows from your website.
- Scalable and redundant with the operating system that is certified to the highest compliance standards.
- Fast and correct system integration with hundreds of features to improve payments.
- Customize and optimize your data to increase revenue across conversion, total profits, and so much more.
Price: For WooCommerce or other online payments, Stripe offers a cost of 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. This is the standard fee if the cards are issued inside the US. If it is not, you will have to pay an additional cost depending on the currency conversion rates.
3. PayPal Pro
PayPal Pro is the all-in-one payment processing solution that lets you accept credit and debit cards directly on your WooCommerce online store. You will get the convenience of an internet merchant account and a payment gateway through a single relationship. That means you can avoid the hassle and expense of multiple payment providers. There are no hidden fees or downgrade fees through your subscription. You have to pay a low monthly fee and conversion rate on all types of transactions.
- Allow customers to stay on your site during checkout while PayPal Pro processes transactions behind the scenes.
- Provide PayPal’s industry-leading security and fraud protection tools to avoid ford losses.
- Consume Express Checkout at no extra charge, which can expand and increase sales by 14%.
- Accept orders by phone and process recurring payments and subscriptions, all from your WooCommerce payment account.
- Available to accept payments in multiple currencies that will open your business to millions of active shoppers worldwide.
- Quick and robust integration with hundreds of shopping cart solutions.
Price: You can download PayPal Pro at the cost of $3.99 in the WooCommerce extension store. In addition, it also offers a fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction comes along with a $30 monthly cost to remain.
Authorize.Net is a Visa solution that provides the tools you need to process payments, especially online charts in WooCommerce. It offers authorization at the instant the sale takes place when sufficient funds for the purchase are verified. This can be on a credit or debit card like Visa, American Express, or MasterCard, or it can be from a digital wallet like Visa Checkout or Apple Pay.
- Provide online store owners and customers with a variety of payment options.
- Fast and convenient connection with card readers to start accepting payments.
- Available for smartphones and tablets to purchase products quickly and automatically.
- SSL and PCL are not required for easy and fast installation.
- Use the secured servers and SIM of Authorize for a safe payment process.
- Accept both credit and debit cards with an accessible conversion rate.
Price: Authorize.Net offers a monthly fee of $25 along with no setup fee and a cost of 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction for the all-in-one option. You can get a lower transaction fee at 10 cents and no add-ons if assigned for the “Payment Gateway Only” option.
Square offers a massive assortment of commerce tools that make it easy for merchants to run their businesses in WooCommerce. With the various APIs and integrations available, plus support for in-person, online, and even in-app payments, there are almost limitless possibilities for creating a custom system with everything from invoicing to email marketing and more. Stripe is generally focussed more on mobile and eCommerce, with powerful tools for marketplaces and subscription-based businesses.
- Allow merchants to accept a host of additional payments with over 135 currencies.
- Be able to add Apple Pay on the web and other mobile wallets.
- Acquired Weebly for an easy and affordable eCommerce option.
- Available to sell anywhere without needing to build a complicated system of integrations or coding requirements.
- Access quickly to all of Square’s accessible tools and software.
- Allow store owners to generate a link or button embedded in their websites, emails, texts, and social media posts.
Price: For online payments with card details, Square offers a fee of 3.5% plus 15 cents per transaction. If your customers use the online checkout services, the price is 2.9% plus 30 cents for credit and debit cards.
Braintree is a PayPal-owned company, even though it operates separately in many ways. It looks similar to Stripe at a distance, but the most significant difference between the two is that Braintree offers merchant accounts. It supports all the standard payment methods like PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, and other credit and debit cards. Another perk to this payment gateway is that the fees are cheaper and more reasonable than Stripe or PayPal. If the stores focus on the US market, this is the top-notch option for merchants.
- Provide innovative payments technology with scalable solutions and high-grade white-glove support.
- Customize and optimize payment methods to increase sales and loyalty.
- Great integration and compatibility with PayPal network to reach more potential customers.
- Provide an updated data process to the managed internal costs and avoid abandonment carts.
- Reduce risks and protect payment data with a highly secure gateway system.
- Offer customers a limitless checkout experience across web and mobile devices.
Price: Braintree offers standard pricing at 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction with no minimums and hidden or monthly fees. They also have a policy of custom pricing for specific individuals and corporations. You can check out more details at their website.
7. Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is a unique option for store owners who are already selling products on Amazon and want to connect their stores with WooCommerce. It allows users and customers to put in their Amazon credentials without type in their credit card information. That will create a faster and better user experience for online shoppers. However, Amazon Pay does charge an additional fee for international transactions. Therefore, you should consider choosing this option for your online business.
- Accept payments online and on mobile with the eCommerce platform system from Amazon.
- One-click purchase without customer information such as shipping address, credit card details, or name.
- Improve customer experience with the high-grade support team operating 24/7.
- Increase total profits and conversion rates with a fast and reliable payment process.
- Protect customer information and shop owners’ data with a highly security protection plan.
- Support multiple devices and backgrounds include Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, and Web-based.
Price: Amazon is free to install. However, like other payment gateways, it has a transaction fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents for a purchase. If your customers live outside the US, the additional cost will be 3.9% plus $20 of tax.
8. PayPal Standard
PayPal Standard is the most popular and longest-standing credit card processing solution on the market. It is the first plugin that allows people to make transactions through an eCommerce store. PayPal is always a reasonable gateway payment due to its influential and innovative features. We can see it as a third-party processor that offers a selection of developer tools for businesses interested in a customized setup for invoicing, mass payouts, and marketplaces.
- Accept multiple payment methods such as credit cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit without credit application or setup fees.
- Great integration with PayPal’s software and business partners.
- Fast and secure payment processing with a chance to earn 1% cash bank per transaction.
- Provide a fixed percentage and a transaction fee on some specific sales.
- Protect your WooCommerce business from fraud and reduce risk from the payment process.
- Easy and friendly user interface for beginners.
Price: For WooCommerce and other commercial transactions online, PayPal offers a standard fee of 2.9% plus a fixed fee - that is, depending on the region of customers.
Alipay payment gateway allows you to access the 1.3 billion-person Chinese market. Alipay is the most popular payment gateway in China, with over 700 million users, far outnumbering all others, including PayPal. With Alipay, your website will be able to accept payments from residents and businesses in Mainland China via a payment method that they are accustomed to and sufficient with. It is responsible for roughly half of all online payment transactions in China. This plugin will provide you with access to a massive potential customer database.
- Approved by WooCommerce as the standard payment gateway.
- Great integration with WooCommerce plugins and extensions.
- Provide comprehensive documentation, which is essential for Chinese customers.
- Secure and premium support from Alipay with the adaptability of multiple currencies.
- Offer a quick and direct payment process with multi-language documentation and screenshots.
- Friendly and easy user interface for beginners.
Price: This plugin will cost you a fee of $79 to install directly to WooCommerce. Moreover, it also has a fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction.
10. Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a secure and private method of paying for goods and services via iOS apps. The Touch ID allows users to provide all payment and shipping information with a single touch, eliminating the need for cash or cards at the checkout. Apple Pay will enable users to hold their iPhones over near field communication (NFC) terminals to make secure payments, eliminating the need for cash or cards at the checkout. Many popular e-commerce platforms and payment service providers support Apple Pay within apps and the web, including WooCommerce.
- Provide the ability to buy online products with a single touch on Apple devices.
- Offer a fast, simple, and secure payment process to increase the shopping experience.
- Provide complete data reports that help to enhance conversion rates on eCommerce platforms.
- Increase the checkout speed significantly with no lengthy forms necessary.
- High protection and privacy with Face ID and Touch ID requirements per transaction.
- Support multiple payment methods include PayPal, credit, and debit cards.
Price: You can get the Apple Pay payment gateway for your WooCommerce online store for free. In addition, the transaction and exchange currency fee depend on the policy of each country.
2Checkout simplifies payment acceptance with straightforward and easy-to-understand pricing, especially for WooCommerce. With this payment gateway, merchants have several options, including a standard interface that adapts to each customer’s device and an inline option that integrates with a business’s existing site for a seamless shopping experience. Companies can use a checkout editor to customize the look and feel of their checkout pages so that they match their existing branding. Moreover, it also offers a secure and inline checkout method with PCI Level 1 to keep customers’ and merchants’ data safe.
- Grow your online presence beyond geographic boundaries with more than 50,000 sellers.
- Track and detect visitors’ origin and adjust payment capabilities that would apply to those visitors.
- Consume multiple payment checkout options, including debit and credit cards.
- Offer a mobile app to give the store owners the ability to issue refunds and manage the payment process everywhere.
- Accept payment from customers all over the world in different currencies.
- Provide significant protection with innovative security measures.
Price: 2Checkout offers a standard plan at the fee of 3.5% plus 35 cents per successful sale. You can also try the premium version at the expense of 4.5% plus 45 cents per transaction for a better experience.
At first glance, Skrill appears to be the PayPal alternative that people have been clamoring for since PayPal began amassing legions of disgruntled users and merchants. Skrill claims to be available in 200 countries and 40 currencies. As a result, it is undeniably global in scope. Since its inception, it has gradually expanded its services, expanding from a way to place online wagers to a full-fledged digital wallet and, of course, a varied range of merchant services. According to its “About Us” page, this plugin presently has 36 million users and 156,000 businesses.
- Provide two categories of payment processing services: Wallet and Hosted payments.
- Support more than 20 local payment methods with connections from over 80 banks.
- Excellent integration and support efficiency for popular eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Offer a unique feature called “Skrill 1-Tap” that allows customers to purchase automatically without authorization.
- Good customer support and service with a responsive and well-qualified team that can quickly contact through Twitter.
- Provide phone-based customer service for customers outside the US.
Price: Skrill is found in Ukraine, so it will be convenient if your online business is located in Europe. This payment gateway offers quick checkout transactions at a fee of 1.9% plus €0.29.
To sum up, those 12 best WooCommerce payment gateways above can help you gain numerous advantages points. The spectacular side is that they will be the perfect payment gateway providers for you to maintain and develop your online business. However, it would be best to have a well-prepared plan to choose a suitable one that accommodates your budgets, locations, and types of customers.
We hope that this article will clear your mind on what is a suitable payment provider for WooCommerce. You can download all the payment gateways above in the WooCommerce extension store. The unique features and adaptability of each payment gateway also should be considered to reach the peak of your sales!