How to Add Purchase Notes in WooCommerce
Occasionally, it’s advantageous to provide information to your customers via the emails they get. It could be information on where to obtain additional files, such as manuals or consumer rights documentation. Or any other instructions or promotional languages, such as a coupon code to entice them to purchase again or a reminder if they are required to do any action following their purchase.
By default, WooCommerce enables you to add a note to an order, which is quite beneficial when you need to include some unique information about the order. However, what if you’d like to have a message about the customer? In this post, we are going to demonstrate How to Add purchase notes in WooCommerce.
Why you might need WooCommerce Purchase Notes
There are numerous instances where including a customer note in your WooCommerce plugin is beneficial. Consider the following scenarios in which WooCommerce customer notes may be beneficial:
- Distribute crucial customer data to your team.
- Remember a special aspect about a customer.
- Notify your team of a dissatisfied consumer.
- Reminder to send a consumer a discount coupon.
- Capture information about WooCommerce customers.
- Ensure that your team makes no errors.
- Customer service should be improved.
How to add Purchase Notes in WooCommerce with code
Add the following code to your functions.php file and adjust the wording to match the emails you send to customers after they purchase a product or service. The message will be included in all order confirmation emails. Order Notes can be whatever you desire. Then replace There are no notes for this order yet with the message or note that your customer should receive. You may include text or hyperlinks.
This is the result:
How to add Purchase Notes in WooCommerce with plugin
In this article, we will guide you through the process of adding WooCommerce Purchase Notes with the help of the WooCommerce Flexible Checkout Fields plugin.
Step 1: Install and activate the plugin
While you may download this plugin for free, the PRO version allows you to alter certain areas of the checkout. You’ll need a PRO if you wish to add fields before or after WooCommerce checkout notes.
Step 2: Enable Before & After Order Notes
This plugin has the ability to connect to WooCommerce checkout notes. This allows you to insert custom fields before and/or after the standard order notes.
To enable the feature, simply click on Before Order Notes and After Order Notes on the Settings screen:
Then select Save changes. After you’ve saved your modifications, you can customize these sections.
Step 3: Customize Before Order Notes
We’ve included two straightforward checkboxes here. You can change it to other options from the provided dropdown menu. Additionally, we assigned a title to the section (this is optional) with the H3 title tag as follows:
Step 4: Customize After Order Notes
Therefore, let’s add a random field to After Order Notes. We’ve included a simple HTML field here. It is the type of field in which you can enter any HTML code for the checkout to show.
We also included a phrase in the Section fields. Additionally, you can rename the Section title to whatever you like. In this case, we utilized the H5 title tag.
Here is the final result of all the settings we made above:
3 other plugins to add Purchase Notes in WooCommerce
1. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
WooCommerce One Page Checkout enables any page to be converted into a checkout page. Additionally, it simplifies the purchasing process for your customers by showing both the product selection and checkout forms on one page. Customers can add or delete items from their cart and complete their purchase without leaving the page or waiting for a new page to load. Additionally, checkout fields can be presented on a single product’s page or on particular landing pages for specific promotions. It’s simple to construct a one-page checkout, and after you’ve done so, your consumers will find it even easier to purchase the products on that page.
- Provide a single page with product selection and checkout forms.
- Customers can add things to order (or remove them) and complete payment.
- Create checkout pages utilizing the graphical interface.
- Create custom landing pages for specific events, campaigns, or consumers.
- Add the shortcode to any page (or post) and place your content above.
- Seamlessly integrate with over a dozen extensions, enabling you to sell subscriptions, bookings, bundles, and a variety of other unique product kinds.
The price of this plugin is $79/year.
2. Product Notes for WooCommerce
The WooCommerce Product Notes plugin enables you to add notes to WooCommerce products. With this plugin, you can create multiple notes that can be either public or private for each product. Additionally, the plugin lets you display notes on the frontend (“private” remarks are available only to the administrator and shop manager): in the new product tab, in the single product meta section, in several extra spots on the single product page, and on shop (e.g. category) pages.
- Create multiple notes for each product.
- Create public or private notes.
- Display notes on the front end.
- Notes are displayed in the admin products list column (Premium).
- Notes can be exported and imported (Premium).
- Add the notes to the administrator’s emails (Premium).
- Edit notes in bulk or quickly (Premium).
This plugin has a free version for you to download. However, you can choose to purchase the Premium version for more functionality. There are 2 Premium price plans available:
- Single site - $29.99/year.
- Unlimited sites - $79.99/year.
3. WebToffee PDF Invoices, Packing Slips
This plugin enables you to create WooCommerce pro forma invoices and credit notes for seamless B2B or B2C transactions. The plugin will assist you in getting started quickly by providing various pre-built templates for each supporting document. Additionally, establish individual templates for each document. Customization possibilities are extensive, and extra customization via a code editor enables you to format any page in any way you choose. It is also compatible with the most common WordPress plugins, such as WPML, and allows various language translations.
- Attach a PDF invoice to the order email, along with extra print options.
- Attached/mailed the invoice for chosen order statuses.
- Additional variation information, metadata, payment information, a logo, tax information, tracking information, and other branding aspects can be easily added to papers.
- Customize any design component of the template or create your own documents.
The plugin has 3 different price plans for you to choose from:
- Single site - $69/year.
- 5 sites - $99/year.
- 25 sites - $199/year.
When viewed in the user profile, these WooCommerce purchase notes can significantly aid in organization. You can immediately identify which orders are delayed, which clients’ preferences have changed over time, and how your team has handled challenging situations.
Additionally, you may use the WooCommerce customer notes for tracking purposes since they allow you to include product, order, shipment, and other details. As a result, you may use the user or order notes to generate an easy-to-follow order history.
Top rated Marketing automation for Shopify stores
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click
Boost sales: Sales Pop, Trust badges, Countdown timer, more
Use photo reviews to boost sales
How to Enable WooCommerce Catalog Mode
WooCommerce Pricing & Cost
WooCommerce Reviews: Features, Pricing, Pros & Cons
Stay in the know
Get special offers on the latest news from AVADA.
Earn $10 in reward now!