How to Add Affiliate Products to WooCommerce
With the development of technology, affiliate marketing has recently demonstrated its impact in business, especially in the eCommerce industry.
According to Findstand, in 2021 there are around 80% of brands taking advantage of affiliate marketing for their business. Thus, there is no reason that eCommerce store owners refuse to use this kind of marketing.
This post will guide you on the way to add affiliate products to your WooCommerce store, as well as what people will gain from affiliate marketing and some helpful affiliate plugins for WooCommerce.
Let’s go into the details!
Table of contents
- Benefits of affiliate marketing
- How to add affiliate products to WooCommerce?
- 3 Best Affiliate plugins for your WooCommerce store
- Final thoughts
Benefits of affiliate marketing
- Drive more traffic: The more items are sold, the more commissions will be paid for affiliate partners. Hence, they will try their best to attract people to click on your link, which will help you increase the traffic driven to your website significantly.
- Widen your market: By selling products in another shop, store owners can approach their customers. This not only increases brand awareness but also expands the store market.
- Bring more revenue: Affiliate marketing is a win-win situation in which both eCommerce stores and their partner can earn money. Selling goods in more sources means that people will have more opportunities to sell items to customers.
- Increase the store credibility: By cooperating with other reliable stores, bloggers, and websites, people can increase their store’s credibility rapidly. The more sites display your products, the more famous your store will be, which plays a crucial part in increasing the credibility in people’s minds.
- Save money: Compared with other types of marketing, an affiliate is a cost-effective option since store owners pay for the affiliates only when there is a transaction done from their link.
How to add affiliate products to WooCommerce?
Step 1: Open products
Log in your Wordpress account and go to the dashboard. There, open Products
Step 2: Add new products
In Products, click on Add new to add a new product. In product name, description, product categories, and product image, enter the necessary information as normal.
Then, scroll down to Product Data and select External/Affiliate product. 4 new blocks will appear on the screen: product URL, button text, regular price, and sale price, fill in all these blocks.
After all, choose Publish to post this affiliate product to your WooCommerce store.
3 Best Affiliate plugins for your WooCommerce store
Developed by StoreApps, Affiliate for WooCommerce is a helpful tool for merchants to sell products from other stores. With it, you can carry out various tasks, such as receiving and approving the request of affiliate programs, turning customers into affiliate partners, or releasing layouts, etc. More than that, this extension is equipped with a single-page UI feature that helps users save time switching between tabs for getting information.
- Let people sign up as affiliate partners
- Turn customers into affiliate partners
- Keep track of data about affiliate
- Set commission based on the number of conditions
- Allow payouts through PayPal
Downloaded more than 20,000 times, WooCommerce Amazon Affiliate is another option we would like to introduce. This extension enables users to sell Amazon products in your WooCommerce store and get commissions after each successful sale. You can import plenty of products at the same time to your store. Also, this plugin comes with Amazon Associate Reports that provide you reports of conversions, clicks, shipped items, and even revenue.
- Add Amazon products to your store for affiliate program
- Sync product with no PA API keys
- Provide report of affiliate products
- Import up to 90 Amazon products at the same time
- Edit affiliates in your store easily
Possessing over 50 modules and various integrations, SUMO Affiliates Pro can support WooCommerce merchants a lot in running their affiliate programs. Via it, users can manage the existing affiliate account and create a new one with ease. In addition, it can help you impose restrictions for being an affiliate partner and get new notifications of any updates.
- Manage affiliate account with ease
- Impose restrictions for people to be an affiliate partner
- Send notifications via email and SMS
- Award affiliates a commission for becoming your partner
- Customize the slug affiliate simply
Overall, it can be seen that exploiting affiliate marketing is a brilliant idea for people. Both the store and affiliate gain benefits from it. So, you can start selling affiliate products in your Woocommerce store or use the plugins above to get affiliates and sell external products.