How to setup Daily deal for BigCommerce store?
In the present age, the unstoppable growth of the eCommerce industry has provided customers with a variety of choices. For this fact, new online retailers might have to deal with difficulties in becoming outstanding in people’s eyes. And, developing promotions might be the most effective solution, especially with the help of social media.
In this article today, we will include the definition of daily deals or “Deal of the day”, how it works along with guidance on How to set up BigCommerce daily deals for your online store. If you are interested, keep reading to find out more!
Table of contents
- What are BigCommerce daily deals?
- Why should you set up daily deals for your BigCommerce business?
- How to set up BigCommerce Daily Deals for your store?
What are BigCommerce daily deals?
BigCommerce daily deals, also known as Deal of the day, is an eCommerce model that online merchants create promotions for a specific product or category that lasted up to 24 hours until it runs out of stock. For instance, Best Buy adds sale promotions for their electronic gadgets on a daily basis.
The notification of these promotions will be sent to consumers via mail or updated on the website. In this way, online stores will have the ability to attract more visitors to their websites as everyone is in favor of cheaper prices.
Why should you set up daily deals for your BigCommerce business?
There are reasons explaining the increasing use of daily deals in the eCommerce industry recently, here are the major ones:
- Attract more customers: People have a higher chance of leaving one site if they do not see the potential of sales there. The benefit of daily deals is that they maintain consumer’s spending habits: they keep return for more sales time after time, on the exact day, at that exact hour.
- Increase conversion rate: Another great thing about daily deals is that they give you complete leverage of your online revenues. Once your customers have created the habit of coming back to your store for more promotions, then it is obvious that your conversion rate will increase. And because BigCommerce daily deals only lasted a maximum of a day, the urgency of them will stop your visitors from postpone buying an item. No one would want to lose such a great offer like this, right?
- Social media involvement: This is where your potential clients can share news and opinions about your brand. As a result, the effect of social networking will gain you more followers, higher interaction rates, and of course, the website might be placed higher in the search engine ranking.
On the basis of advantages that BigCommerce daily deals can bring back to your store and profits. It is time to learn ways to set them up for your website.
How to set up BigCommerce Daily Deals for your store?
If you have come to the final decision of releasing daily promotions for your BigCommerce store, then this tutorial will guide you through the setting up process.
Just a little warning before getting started, it is recommended by BigCommerce that you should hire a company to set things up for you instead of doing it manually. The biggest reason is that only Enterprise pricing plan users can have the approach to advanced promotion settings in BigCommerce.
No more beating around the bush, we will divide the guidance into simple steps so that you can easily keep track of:
Step 1: Set up the Schedule
First of all, go to your BigCommerce dashboard and Marketing page:
At Promotions section, click on “+Create” and then choose “With advanced editor”:
From here, there will be a new form pop up on your screen, this is where you fill out all the information related to this new promotion. Pick a name for you to keep track of these deals and move on to the next step:
Under the “Schedule” part, there is a button called “+ Add end date and time” with the aim for online merchants to adjust a specific date and time when the promotion ends.
A few things you need to know before setting up this feature are:
- Both the dates and times will follow your location’s time zone
- An order may only be formed after the rule has been put in effect despite the date and time.
- As soon as you refresh the time zone settings, the promotion will automatically revert to the beginning of the original time. More specifically, if you have set the start date and time at noon, then change the time zone to 1 hour earlier, then the promotion will starts at 11 a.m based on the original timeline.
If you are aware of mentioned rules, then you are ready to set up the promotion’s date and time depending on your store’s preferences.
To make it daily, weekly, or even monthly, click on “Limit availability to particular weeks/day” and choose the suitable frequency for your deals. These promotions would be held over the course of the day unless otherwise stated.
Step 2: Choose the targeted customer
This is the step where you give a targeted group of customers access to your newly developed BigCommerce daily deals. Any consumer may take advantage of a promotion by default but in case you want to control the number of people who can use them, this is what you need to do.
Click on the “+ Add targeting rule”, here you could separate your customers derived from currency, groups, their loyalty, or addresses.
In another way, you can decide that only citizens of Canada, America, England, and Australia can use one of your BigCommerce daily deal and they must have ordered from your store before, you can customize the settings like in the picture below:
Next to the rules, you can see a blue Trash can icon, you can click on it whenever you need to get rid of any targeting requirements. But, be careful because you won’t be prompted or have the option to check before deleting!
Step 3: Add rule (if necessary)
Rules are where you can design your own conditions for people who can own your BigCommerce daily deals. You can use them as a strategy to categorized your customers.
All you have to do is select “+ Add rule” and start setting up appropriate conditions and rewards for this specific rule.
This is not advisable as the core value of BigCommerce Daily Deals is to catch the attention of as many visitors as possible, therefore, if you decide to create conditions for this, you are narrowing down the reachable characteristics of Daily deals.
Step 4: Decide the usage limits (if necessary)
Sometimes, for some particular products, there is a need to limit the number of usable BigCommerce Daily Deals. So how can you change the settings of this feature?
It only takes you less than a second to go to “Limit for total usage of promotion” and then change the number of uses that your discounts will provide:
If you have this in mind, please understand that it applies to cumulative uses, not per customer. To prevent an offer from being linked to other ones you might have already purchased, deselect the checkbox under the limit adjustment.
To sum up, creating BigCommerce daily deals can help you gain numerous advantageous points. The spectacular side of them is that they will be the perfect tool for you to attract more customers than ever before. But, to make it becomes effective, it is a must to have a well-prepared plan about what products to be discounted, the date and time plus targeted people.
We hope that this paper will clear your mind on How to set up BigCommerce daily deals for your store and more importantly, reach the peak of your sales!