Burst By Shopify review: Everything you need to know
If you are looking for a website providing free stock photos for Shopify users, you must have known about Burst by Shopify. Thanks to this site, you have the chance to approach multiple high-resolution images for your online store, blog, or any commercial uses.
In this post, we are going to give you everything you need to know about Burst by Shopify ranging from its pros & cons, common questions about it to some alternatives you can consider.
Now, let’s dive in!
Tables of content
- About Burst By Shopify
- Everything you need to know about Burst By Shopify
- Burst By Shopify’s Pros and Cons
- FAQs about Burst By Shopify
- Alternatives for Burst By Shopify
About Burst By Shopify
Burst By Shopify is powered by the leading eCommerce platform and launched in 2006, Canada. This is regarded as one of the best solutions for Shopify users or online merchants, in general, to look for high-quality images for their stores, websites, or online businesses. What’s more, images provided by Burst By Shopify are all free. Do you wonder about the copyright or trademark owners?
This is a common concern of anyone when seeing something free. Free images tend to get sued for using images downloaded from a website offering them as free photos. However, when it comes to Burst By Shopify, the website claims itself as a huge resource providing non-copyrighted images for online merchants. It’s high time for us to dig into what is inside this website!
Everything you need to know about Burst By Shopify
- Open Creative Commons Licensing terms: It’s not compulsory to pay a licensing fee, stick to editing restrictions, or provide photo credit.
- Two download options: Burst By Shopify provides two download options of High-resolution and Low-resolution that are suitable for both small websites and online stores or presentations when quality really matters.
- Huge royalty-free image resource: Thousands of high-quality photos are provided for free.
- Easy to use: The website is designed well and easy to follow. It takes users some seconds to find and download photos.
- Make Burst’s photos your own: Users are free to edit and add in their logos to build up their own photos.
- One-click tool: Users can add pictures from stock photography onto their stores.
- Minimal design. Categories are easy to navigate
- Community: Users who are photographers can join Burst’s community and contribute their photos. Business ideas: Burst provides famous case studies with marketing tips, business insights, and high-res image suggestions for its users using Burst’s images for commercial purposes. What’s more, these case studies are regularly updated every year.
There are four pricing plans when using Burst By Shopify including:
- Individual plan: Free to use
- Pro plan: $1 per unit/month, the minimum monthly fee is about $100.
- Company plan: $3 per unit/month, the minimum monthly fee is about $100.
- Enterprise plan: $5 per unit/month, the minimum monthly fee is about $100.
Being free to find and download photos, the price of Burst By Shopify is said to be a little bit more expensive than other stock photos websites when users want to upgrade.
According to customer’s opinions, Burst By Shopify’s merchant customer support team is dedicated and knowledgeable. Users can easily get solutions for their issues. What’s more, there are also helping documents for visitors to get to know Burst as well as to answer their questions.
Also, Burst By Shopify is always ready to listen to its users. If they can’t find something they want, Burst suggests users give them content suggestions so the site can improve its gallery.
Customer reviews/ Rating
Burst By Shopify gets 4.5/5. Most customers give positive reviews for its ease of use and quality of support.
Burst By Shopify’s Pros and Cons
- Suitable for online merchants, especially those who are using Shopify as their eCommerce platform
- It’s free to take images
- A large number of images to choose from (5000 photos)
- Multiple images for blogging
- No need for attribution when taking photos
- High-quality and professional images
- Easy and quick to use, browse, and download
- Two resolutions for downloading
- Creative Commons licensing terms
- Convenient to import images with one click
- Clean interface
- Able to be used for both online and offline campaigns
- If you don’t have a Shopify membership, you have to pay
- No dimensions
- Limited variety and selection when compared with its rivals
- Limited categories
FAQs about Burst By Shopify
Q#1: How can I download free images from Burst?
It’s very easy. What you need to do is hover over the image you want to download or click on it. Then, click on the downloading options you want. Burst provides two download options which are ** High-Resolution** and ** Low-Resolution**. The images downloaded with the Low Res option will be more suitable for small web graphics. On the other hand, those downloaded with the High Res option will be for presentations, online sites, online stores, or other areas where quality is important.
Q#2: Do I need to credit the site or photographer?
Burst claims that it is not mandatory under users’ image licenses. However, it encourages you to credit the site and photographer when possible. According to Burst By Shopify, by linking back to the original photo page or the profile of Burst’s photographers, users are helping the site share the art with more audiences.
Q#3: Can I edit Burst photos?
Burst By Shopify doesn’t offer a tool for you to edit its photos directly on the site. However, you are welcome to edit them. Some actions you can take are cropping, resizing, adding elements, etc. The most common tool nowadays is Photoshop that you can use to edit photos. If you don’t have it, you can totally rely on other online graphic editors. Also, you can even add your logo and brand images to make them your own photos.
Q#4: Are all Burst’s photos free for commercial use?
This advantage is highlighted all the time. All the photos of Burst are free to use for commercial use like online stores, product packaging, websites, creating products, and more.
Q#5: Can I use Burst’s photos for another online store platform?
Burst By Shopify allows users to use its photos on both online and offline channels. So, you can freely use Burst’s photos on another online store platform or eCommerce marketplace. However, since this website is designed for Shopify users, its photos are the most suitable for Shopify stores.
Q#6: How can I find photos on Burst by Shopify?
There is a huge searching bar that is right on the main dashboard. You should simply enter what you want to find and download it. However, sometimes you can’t find a thing since Burst doesn’t cover all topics and categories. You should try by looking for some synonyms, more generic terms, or related keywords in this situation.
If you still can’t find what you want, you can send Burst By Shopify content suggestions so that it can improve its library and upload the most requested content.
Q#7: Can I contribute photos? How can I do that?
Yes, totally. Burst By Shopify is always welcome those who are a photographer and want to fill in its library with their high-resolution and professional images. In fact, there are limits in Burst’s categories, selections and its users are eager for more pictures, especially those about animals, textured shots, backgrounds, or natures. So, you can contribute photos if you want by checking out its submission guidelines and applying to join Burst’s community.
Alternatives for Burst By Shopify
When you use a paid stock image library, all the copyright issues and license uses are taken care of, and you can get on with the job at hand about creating your online presence. You will pay, but you pay for peace of mind.
So, as you can see, Burst By Shopify also has its own drawbacks. When using a free stock image resource, you will have to care about the copyright issues or license uses. These issues may negatively affect your business performance. Therefore, you can look at some paid stock image libraries, the price you have to pay will varify based on the feature sets of each company. However, if you have to spend money, you can make sure these issues never come to your business.
Some of these paid resources are:
Every solution has its pros and cons. Burst By Shopify does provide you with multiple free and non-copyrighted photos for commercial uses. Thanks to it, you can have the chance to approach more beautiful images to support the looks of your sites, blogs, or online businesses. However, if you do not have a Shopify membership, you have to pay for it. What’s more, when compared with other alternatives, categories and variety in Burst By Shopify are limited.
Therefore, before choosing any resource to help you with images used for commercial purposes, you need to know the needs of your business first. Hopefully, our post has given you enough information so that you can make up your mind better when choosing the free stock photo platform for yourself. If you have any questions or want us to review other platforms, be free to leave a comment below. Remember to share this article with your friends and visit us for more.