10+ Best Email Marketing Tools for Shopify stores
Table of Content:
- What makes a great email marketing app for your Shopify store
- Top 10 Best Email Marketing apps for Shopify stores
- Final Words
Email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to increase the store’s sales. According to study, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can receive $44 in return. Email marketing has been the most successful way to market online businesses over the last decade.
In addition, research has shown that past customers deliver higher order values and more regular transactions than new customers. It’s also proven that persuading existing customers to buy more is easier than converting new customers.
Finally, you can also use email marketing to retrieve abandoned carts that can boost your brand’s sales without too much effort. To be successful with email marketing on Shopify, it’s necessary for you to have the best Shopify email marketing tool in your toolkit.
In this article, I will introduce to you the best email marketing tools for Shopify stores.
Let’s jump right into the details.
What makes a great email marketing app for your Shopify store
Before we jump in, let’s quickly have a look at what a good email marketing tool should enable you to do or your Shopify store. Ideal features are:
- Forms that directly integrate with Shopify – Any form on your Shopify site should automatically connect to your email marketing tool as soon as you set up the integration, without having to add any code to your site.
- Contact syncing – Contact information and the order history of both current and new customers should be able to go directly to your email tool. Many tools can automatically import all Shopify contacts and set the status of subscribe/unsubscribe depending on whether or not the contacts opt-in at checkout.
- Segmentation – A good email tool should allow you to build customer segments based on different sets of criteria. Some would go so far as to let you monitor which items consumers have seen but not purchased) and let you build segments around these parameters. A good email marketing tool will also provide pre-designed segments for you as soon as you import your list of contacts from Shopify (e.g. first-time customers, repeat customers).
- Automated/triggered email Campaigns – An absolute must-have in an email marketing tool, automated campaigns such as abandoned carts, order confirmations, cross-selling and up-selling promotions, and suggested product emails can help you improve your store’s sales significantly.
- Reporting – So you know how effective each campaign is, your email marketing service should be able to show how much revenue each individual email has generated.
- User-friendly email editor – an intuitive visual editor that allows you to drag and drop text and photos into your email, will help you create your emails quickly and easily without programming skills.
Now, let’s jump into the list of the best email marketing tools for your Shopify store.
Top 10 Best Email Marketing apps for Shopify stores
1. AVADA Email Marketing
AVADA Email Marketing is one of the best email marketing tools on the market, especially for beginners who are trying to get familiar with email marketing, and it’s one of the email marketing tools that bring the most bang for your buck out there. Apart from being free, it’s also easy to use and filled with great features such as marketing automation, landing pages, polls, dynamic content and more. Shopify store owners also benefit from direct integration, allowing you to synchronize consumer data and goods, and trigger automation. AVADA Email Marketing has all the necessary features that allow you to create and run a successful marketing campaign, and its user-friendliness will be extremely helpful for email marketing novices.
- New subscriber acquisition
- Cross-sell, Upsell Emails
- Smart email builder: drag and drop everything!
- Workflow split
- Newsletter Popup/Spin to Win
- Ready-to-use email templates
- Auto-sync customer data
- Track ROI by advanced reports
AVADA Email Marketing’s Pricing: Free
Omnisend is one of the top email marketing tools on this list, and users say it’s worth their investments. Robust automation and workflow allow easy work on a variety of steps that often need to be completed manually while creating an email series on other platforms. Integration with Shopify is seamless, allowing dynamic sign-up boxes, pop-ups, and landing pages to help them expand their email lists and catch new leads. Who’s this tool perfect for? Merchants who do not want to spend a lot of time creating automated email campaigns.
- Free: up to 15,000 emails a month or 2,000 emails a day. Omnisend also provides a 14-day trial free of charge on Standard and Pro tiers.
- Standard: starts at $16 a month for up to 5,000 subscribers and 60,000 emails per month. Price changes depending on the number of subscribers.
- Pro: Begins at $199 a month for up to 9,000 users, with unlimited email. Price changes depending on the number of subscribers.
- Enterprise: this plan costs a flat $2,000 a month and offers features tailored for enterprise use such as single sign-on and unlimited emails and subscribers.
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact was among the first email marketing providers to date back to 1995. In those years, Constant Contact had one of the most user-friendly drag-and-drop editors available. Constant Contact integrates easily with Shopify’s e-commerce app, although some users express frustration with the software’s sales monitoring functionality, making it less suited to eCommerce. Who’s this app perfect for? Merchants are more concerned with sending transactional and newsletter-type campaigns instead of revenue-driving newsletters.
Constant Contact’s pricing:
- Email: ranges from $20 a month for up to 500 subscribers to $335 a month for up to 50,000 subscribers. This pricing plan does not provide email automation or coupons.
- Email Plus: ranges from $45 a month for up to 500 subscribers to $335 a month for up to 50,000 subscribers. Includes automation, subject line testing, and coupons.
When you’ve exceeded 10,000 users, Email and Email Plus plans even out in cost. Constant Contact also provides one of the best free trials: 60-day access to the entire function package, plus live expert assistance.
Many email marketing tools are focused on transactional and lead email nurturing, but Conversio wants to be part of the whole customer journey. Its feature set includes powerful segmentation optimized for cross and upselling.
The tool makes it easy to keep consumers loyal and active by allowing them to review and share their own product images and by automating follow-up emails and customer feedback requests. Who’s this tool perfect for? Merchants who want to engage consumers and create loyalty while also boosting sales.
Conversio’s pricing plans are a little different from those of other providers. Platform costs based on numbers of email subscribers, and is one of the few email marketing tools to offer all features across any price range. Converio’s pricing starts at $20 per month for up to 500 subscribers and rises up to $850 a month for up to 250,000 customers. Conversion provides a 30-day trial free of charge, including all its functionality.
Klaviyo is among the few email marketing tools explicitly developed for eCommerce. Its powerful segmentation tools can retrieve data from your shop, automatically retrieve your list—helping you segment better. Users say that email flows and automation function smoothly in Klaviyo and are a breeze to set up, despite a simpler and less intuitive email editor feature. Who’s this tool perfect for? Merchants that are willing to go all-in to their email marketing activities.
- Free: Provides up to 250 subscribers and sends 500 emails. When you hit any of these thresholds, you will be asked to move to a paid plan.
- Paid plans: Start at $25 a month for up to 300 subscribers and send unlimited messages. The price changes are dependent on the size of your list. Some Klaviyo users say that costs will add up more quickly than other services) as the email marketing activity expands, so this platform is best for business owners who are ready to investi big bucks in their email marketing campaigns.
Rare.io markets its tool as predictive and smart email marketing, providing features to back that claim up. The service works in collaboration with eCommerce sites to automatically classify the best items to be suggested and when consumers are most likely to order.
Instead of segmentation, Rare.io focuses on sending individual, customized emails, giving Amazon product-level recommendations without any user-end work. Who’s this tool perfect for? Merchants who want to squeeze more revenue out of their mailing list.
- Free: Limited to 249 contacts, but includes limitless campaigns and automations, and a library of tested conversion templates.
- Growth: Starts at $24 a month for 250–999 subscribers and up to 10 emails per subscriber and three automatic emails per subscriber.
- Pro: Begins at $39 a month for 10,000 contacts and provides 10 emails per person and 5 automated promotions.
- Exec: One of the most competitive and scalable third party pricing available, at $79 a month per 10,000 contacts and offering unlimited version of all features, a dedicated account manager, and premium support.
Remarkety takes a step further than other providers, providing not only email templates, but entirely pre-built cart abandonment, reactivation, and more. On the downside, some users claim that the app might benefit from more custom-script options.
Remarkety’s email marketing service provides AI-driven smart product recommendations with a 99 percent delivery rate for its apps. Users find its reporting features very helpful, and with a heavy emphasis on ROI, its dashboard goes beyond vanity indicators and also provides proactive feedback on campaigns focused on industry benchmarks. Who’s this app perfect for? Merchants who want ready-made email campaigns to get started in a rush.
- Basic: Starts at $25 a month for up to 500 subscribers, provides unlimited sends and supports most forms of campaigns.
- Starter: Begins at $100 a month for up to 3,000 subscribers and sends unlimited messages. Supports all forms of promotions and private branding.
- Advanced: Begins at $300 a month for up to 20,000 users and sends unlimited messages. Includes all from Starter, including phone support, custom API, and a personal on-board session.
- Professional: Begins at $800 a month for up to 100,000 subscribers and sends up to 1.2 million emails. It also provides a dedicated account manager, an e-mail specialist to set up your account, and a custom email template design.
Remarkety offers a free 14-day trial that provides all its premium features.
Personalization can bring about better results and revenue in email marketing, and SmartrMail says its customization – based on purchasing history and browsing habits – can help you significantly boost your revenues. SmartrMail’s platform is one of the few that first has a mobile default interface. Some users claim that this results in a less customizable mobile view than other email marketing tools. Who’s that perfect for? Users who need mobile-first design baked right in.
- Basic: ranges from $29 a month to $53 a month for up to 5,000 subscribers. The Basic Plan is limited to 12 monthly emails per subscriber, which is more limited than comparable plans from its competitors.
- Advanced: Starts at $99 a month, with unlimited emails, many advanced functionalities, and priority customer support.
- Enterprise: $1,999 a month and includes SmartrMail’s full eCommerce feature suite plus platinum support, dedicated account manager, and optimization of deliverability.
SmartrMail provides a free, full-featured 15-day trial.
Emma is an email marketing tool that is designed for both beautiful and powerful email marketing campaigns. Emma’s collection of features is tailored for organizations who need to handle multiple email accounts. The comprehensive reporting dashboard and mailing score metric enable users to easily gage success at a glance. Emma is also one of the few email marketing providers providing multi-user sign-in and tiered accounts (including approvers).
Using the Marketing Calendar app to get a bird’s eye view of your campaigns and change when necessary. Emma is one of only a few email marketing tools that deliver a mobile app, enabling you to check your results anywhere, anywhere. Who’s this tool perfect for? Consultants and agencies that need to handle several accounts.
- Pro: Starts at $89 a month for up to 10,000 contacts. Provides most of the standard email marketing functions, but only one automation workflow.
- Plus: Starts at $159 a month with up to 10,000 contacts. Comes with limitless automation, landing page builder, and Salesforce integration.
- Emma HQ: Starts at $229 a month for 10,000 contacts. Includes all that makes Emma one of the most comprehensive email marketing platforms on this list, including company dashboard, approvals and tiered account structure, and private branding.
10. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is one of the most popular email marketing services when it comes to all-around functionality, ease of use and value. Its drag-and-drop editor and email templates offer priority to beautiful design, or you can create your own custom emails in HTML from the scratch.
Campaign Monitor is one of the few tools that focuses on transactional emails, in addition to marketing emails, helping you get more value out of every email you send. Its unique visual journey designer makes it easy to keep all these campaigns coordinated and to work towards the same goals. Who’s this tool perfect for? Small to medium-sized businesses that want an all-around easy and capable email marketing solution.
Campaign Monitor’s pricing
- Basic: at $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers and 2,500 e-mails. Includes all of the key email marketing functionality you need and key analytics.
- Unlimited: at $29 a month for up to 500 subscribers and unlimited emails. Includes automated marketing automation, limitless inbox preview, and priority customer service.
- Premier: at $149 a month for up to 500 users and unlimited emails. Includes all in the Unlimited Package, including pre-built engagement segments, send-time optimization, advanced connection monitoring, and premium phone and email support.
Campaign Monitor does not offer a free trial, but you can get a taste of it by setting up an account, building a campaign, and sending it to up to five subscribers before choosing a package.
That’s it! I hope you find an email marketing tool that is suitable for your Shopify store from this list. Please feel free to leave comments below for further recommendations on this topic!