Set Conditions Based on The Product Title, Variant Title, Type, or Vendor on Shopify
Do you want to start? Get shopify free trial here!
The condition of an automated collection which could be added to match your products depend on various details such as the title of a product, the price, tags, the inventory, and so on.
In the tutorial below I will discuss with you how to set conditions based on the product title, variant title, type, or vendor on your Shopify page.
There are many options in the second drop-down list. You can select one of them to set the way a product match the condition value in the third field. The detail which you have entered in this third field will be compared to your available products based on the condition that you have set. In the Condition field, you will not need to care about the difference between capital letters and small letters.
Down here I will list the meaning of all the options which you will see in the second drop-down list for you to make a decision quickly.
- is equal to: A product must match all the values that you have entered.
- is not equal to: A product cannot match with any values which you have entered in the first place.
- starts with: If you choose this one, the beginning word of a product title, type or vendor have to match the value you enter.
- ends with : If you choose this one, the ending word of a product title, type or vendor have to match the value you enter.
- contains: When you choose this, your product title, variant title, or vendor must contain the value that you have entered in the third field.
- does not contain: Contrast with the selection above, when choosing this one, your product title, variant title, or vendor will not contain the value which you entered.
Here is an example to help you understand clearly
I will set the condition to add the products which have titles that start with the word Unlimited into my Summer collection.
How to set conditions based on the product title, variant title, type, or vendor
Step 1: Choose Collections
Login into your Shopify account. Then choose
Collections which is in the
Step 2: Select Summer Collection
After you have chosen that, the collection list will appear, choose the Summer Collection by clicking the name of it.
Step 3: Click on Product title
Conditions section, in the
first drop-down list, choose
Step 4: Select Starts With
second drop-down list, choose
Step 5: Enter Unlimited
third field, enter
Step 6: Choose Save to complete
Save button to save you change.
When you have saved it, you will see that in the Products section, two products which start with the word Unlimited have been added to this collection. That is Unlimited – Short Sleeve T-shirt and Unlimited – Leather Shoes. All the products which do not start with this word will not be added in the Summer Collection.
Above information is how we set conditions based on the product title, variant title, type, or vendor. I hope that this tutorial and the short example will give you an overview of how to set up the conditions of your collections.
Top rated Marketing automation for Shopify stores
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click
Boost sales: Sales Pop, Trust badges, Countdown timer, more
Use photo reviews to boost sales
Stay in the know
Get special offers on the latest news from AVADA.
Earn $10 in reward now!