33+ Best Thanksgiving email subject lines for 2020
Table of Content:
- What is Open Rate?
- Elements of a great Thanksgiving email subject lines
- Best practices for writing Thanksgiving email subject lines
- Best practices for writing Thanksgiving Email Subject Lines
- Final Words
The subject lines of an email are as critical as the content of the body. 47% of email recipients rely on subject lines to decide which emails to open, while 69% of email recipients classify emails as spam based solely on the subject line.
That’s how the subject lines explicitly affect the open rates of the email. People read or skip emails, depending on whether they see what they need in the subject line at a glance. It is surprising that emails with no topic at all have an open rate of around 8 percent more than those with a subject line. However, when you apply personal customization to the subject lines, emails are 22 percent more likely to be opened.
Subject lines are not only essential for boosting the open rates, but also for summarizing the content of emails. It indicates the urgency and significance of the email to subscribers. So, the more eye-catching it is, the more people would feel like opening and reading the text.
In this article, I will provide you with the best email subject lines for Thanksgiving 2020 as the holiday is coming close. Now let’s jump right into the details!
Best Thanksgiving Email Subject Lines:Best email subject lines for 2020 Thanksgiving
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Give thanks – 15% off on everything!
- So much to be thankful for.
- Give Thanks! 25% Off Just About Everything
- Express gratitude with our gorgeous gifts
- Save Up to 40% for Thanksgiving!
- Thanksgiving is Just 2 Weeks Away!
- It’s a time to give thanks
- Happy Thanksgiving + Black Friday Preview
- Happy Thanksgiving! Early Bird Shopping!
- Happy Thanksgiving! 25% Off Just About EVERYTHING + Free Shipping!
- Happy Thanksgiving! Take up to 90% Off + Free Shipping!
- We’re Thankful For Sale This Thanksgiving! Shop Now
- Turkeyed out? Dish up 50% off!
- Happy Thanksgiving: 30% off sitewide + free shipping
- NEW Thanksgiving doorbusters + FINAL HOURS, FREE SHIPPING
- Happy Thanksgiving – Special Savings Inside
- Happy Thanksgiving! We’ve Got A Treat For You…
- Happy Thanksgiving from Our Family to Yours
- By the way: Happy Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving / Additional 25% Off Sale
- Get An Additional 50% off Entire Site
- Final hours for this Thanksgiving Sale
- get your sweet deals now
- We’re Thankful for You. Enjoy 50% Off
- We are thankful for you, our customers…
Happy Thanksgiving. (Now, let’s get to shopping!) New arrivals
- Thanksgiving sales – 4 Hour – Ends at 12PM (Noon)
- Thanksgiving ideas galore—from prep to punch recipes!
- You will need these tools for Thanksgiving.
- When Thanksgiving Day meets Big Sale
- Thanksgiving! 20% Off Everything Inside
- Last Chance to get rewards for Thanksgiving!
What is Open Rate?
The open email rate is how subscribers who have opened your emails out of all the people who have received your email. For example, if you send an email to 100 people and 20 of them open your email, the open rate is 20%. These rates depend on a number of variables, including the subject line, subscriber relevance, customization, content, etc. However, a value in the 20-40 percent range can be considered to be a great open rate.
Elements of a great Thanksgiving email subject lines
Here are the elements that make a good subject line.
- Curiosity: Curiosity is an emotional trigger that works wonders. Add text or material that will arouse curiosity in the reader’s mind. Don’t be too obscure or the email is seen as spam.
- Urgency: Urgency is a classic approach that usually works because it causes the reader to take urgent action or at least gives the impression that something is of the utmost urgency.
- Relevance: One of the most important things for email subscribers is to obtain timely and up-to-date information. This needs to be leveraged while also constructing subject lines. Trendy headlines can be included in the subject line to keep the readers informed.
- Personalization: Personalization works because different people have different interests. Personalization provides a sense of being valued and is enjoyed by subscribers. It is one of the most powerful email techniques that not only helps to sustain successful relationships, but also increase open-rate.
Best practices for writing Thanksgiving email subject lines
Keep your subject line short and simple, as well as using concise language
About 77% of emails are opened and read on the phone, so if the subject line is too long, it will get cropped off the screen. The reader may disregard important details or may be disinterested in reading the whole thing. It is recommended, therefore, that subject lines be kept within 50 characters so that the entire subject can appear on the screen. Think of the words that mean most and remove needless information.
For example, instead of “Order No #XXXX is being processed,” your subject can simply be ”Your order is being processed”. Also, terms such as “Update” or “Newsletter” should be avoided since readers tend to ignore such types of emails (they are too generic). Also be short and concise, as the recipients would not take a lot of time to read. For instance, use “Increase your sales by 60%” instead of “How to increase your sales.”
Avoid ‘no-reply’ sender name, and use a human name
It is really important to have a human sender address rather than just a Business email address. The name of a person like [email protected] would be more appropriate to an individual than just the name of the company by email. It is also critical that you never send emails with a no-reply sender name as they go straight to the spam and are ignored. A common name sender can create the impression that they are interacting with an individual person rather than an abstract entity.
Avoid ALL CAPS
Email recipients prefer the subject line written in lowercase as APP-CAPS are annoying. ALL-CAPS subject lines appear spammy and are often ignored. It gives the feeling of being manipulated and over-emphasizing which recipients don’t like. Use an easy, delightful catchy language written in lowercase to get your email subscribers’ attention.
Segment your email lists
Emails that are specifically relevant to the recipient has a higher rate of success. Personalization is, therefore, the key. Segment your email list based on the subscribers’ previous behavior so that everyone gets what they intend to receive. List Segmentation is a crucial feature of email marketing and can help you deliver the right content to the right people.
Don’t make false promises
Don’t make false promises in your subject line and deliver something else in the content of the email. Tell them exactly what they should expect from the inside. Make that clear on the subject line, and keep in mind that ambiguous and false subject lines will lead to lower open rates and higher unsubscription rates.
The subject line with numbers would draw more attention than the one that is ambiguous. Try to add numbers where possible, so that the receiver knows where they stand. You can specify the discount value or use the numbers to refer to the title of your list or the numerical benefit of the resource or service you provide. For example, “80% of first-time website visitors bounce. This is what to do!”.
Make the recipient feel special
The element of personalization has been emphasized over and over again because it brings great results. Personalization can take place at different levels. From this comes the subject lines, selecting words that immediately capture the recipient’s attention and make them feel unique. Examples are:
- “You’re among the rewarded!”
- “Unique deal for you.”
Have an appealing pretext
The pretext is not part of the subject line, but it appears in the Inbox next to the subject line. It is also partially noticeable to the receiver and has an effect on open-rate. Preview text offers a little more information on what’s inside. So, to keep it short and engaging, it’s best to give the receiver another reason (apart from the subject line) why they should open the email.
Personalize the subject line with first names
Marketing emails that have the recipient’s first name in their subject line can have higher click-through rates. It can be a great start to include their first names in the subject line. Often, give them something very unique to their needs. You may also include the geography of the recipient in the subject to get them interested. However, just don’t overdo this.
Use either a question
It is an attention-seeking tactic to pose a question in the subject line. It can give the reader an idea of what they should expect in the mail, and it will also cause them to think and read. It could be read, “Are you making these SEO errors?” Or, are you wondering what went wrong with your website?”. Using a question or an exclamation at a time.
Use action-oriented verbs
Subject lines can be treated as call-to -actions. So, using an exciting action verb, it will draw the reader as well as inspire them to act. For example, when inviting people to a company event, the subject line of the email may be “Come and grab your gift!” rather than a generic headline.
Do A/B testing for your subject lines
While these tips and tricks are helpful, it’s a good practice to do A/B testing for your subject lines and learn what works best for your audience. Email A/B testing will help you understand the language that makes people click in your email campaign so that you can improvise based on the outcome.
I hope this article has given you valuable ideas about how to come up with great subject lines for your email marketing campaign for 2020 Thanksgiving! If you don’t have time to work on ideas, you can just grab some of the examples provided in this article, and modify them to fit your needs. Please feel free to leave comments below for further discussion on this topic. :-)
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click.
Use Social proof to boost sales
Stunning size guide for great shopping experience
Increase customers’ shopping cart size with free shipping offer