350+ Best Instagram Bio Ideas to Maximize Reach
Instagram is a social networking service for sharing photos and videos. When you first get on Instagram, it’s always a good idea to customize your profile by adding a bio. Do you want your Instagram bio to stand out? If you are, then you are lucky you are here. In this article, we will 100+ Best Instagram Bio Ideas To Make Your Profile Shine Bright. From here, you can start looking for the most impressive one that you like. Now, let’s begin!
- 6 Most Effective Strategies to Monetize Instagram in 2020
- Instagram vs Facebook: Which one is the best for your Social media marketing campaign?
- How to Edit an Instagram Post? (on Computer and Mobile)
- Affiliate Marketing on Instagram: A Complete Guide for Beginners
Table of Contents:
- What is an Instagram bio?
- What does your Instagram bio need to stand out?
- Personal Bio Ideas
- Best Instagram Bios Ideas
- Cool Instagram Bios Ideas
- Creative Instagram Bios Ideas
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Girls
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Boys
- Simple Bio Ideas for Instagram
- Great Instagram Bios Ideas
- Best Instagram Bio Ideas to Get Followers
- Cute Instagram Bios Ideas
- Instagram Bio Puns
- Funny Instagram Bios Ideas
- Instagram Bio Quotes Short
- Swag Bio Ideas for Instagram
- Perfect Bio Ideas for Instagram
- Bio Ideas Captions
- Myself Quotes for Instagram Bio Ideas
- Instagram Bio Quotes
- Instagram Bio Ideas Text
- Instagram Bio Ideas Inspiration
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Fashion
- Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
- Fitness Bio Ideas for Instagram
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Models
- Travel Bio Ideas for Instagram
- Instagram Bio Ideas Examples
- Business Bio ideas for Instagram
- What you’ll need to optimize in your Instagram bio?
- Tell profile visitors who you are and why they should care
- Use clickable tags to promote branded hashtags and sister accounts
- Include a call to action
- Take advantage of your bio link
- Include “Action Buttons” to allow users to reach you
- Allow Shopping on Instagram to showcase your products
- Share a “social media only” promo code
- Leverage IGTV
What is an Instagram bio?
An Instagram bio is the small section under your username for you to share some information about you or your brand. Your Instagram bio can contain a quick description of yourself or your brand, contact information, emojis, hashtags, etc.
Let’s take Instagram as an example of the best bio on Instagram:
With a strong bio, Instagram’s Instagram bio makes people imagine Instagram as a useful tool to connect with others. By zooming out and aiming for the bigger picture with a more meaningful objective, people will temporarily forget the fact that they are a free smartphone application. Since they realize that users care about self-awareness, Instagram works it out with this short but sweet bio.
What does your Instagram bio need to stand out?
First thing first, let’s see the parts that an Instagram bio should contain.
The first thing viewers will see in your Instagram bio is your profile photo. You should always use a high-quality photo that is easily recognizable. It also must convey the spirit of your brand. Besides, you should ensure its consistency throughout your other social networks. The logo of your brand may be ideal to become your profile picture. Note that the size of this picture must be higher than 110 x 110 pixels. If lower than 200 x 200, the viewers will not see a stretched or blurry profile photo.
Username and name
Another crucial element of your Instagram bio is your username. You can see it at the top of the bio and show the number of people searching for your brand. If you can, you should use your business name. If taken before, your business name should be at least the first part of your username so that Instagram users can find it easy to search for your business account.
The essence of your Instagram bio is your profile description. From this section, showcase your company and encourage customers to take action. To introduce your brand and persuade your audience to take action, you can type in “magical” 150 characters.
Clickable links are not permitted in your bio anywhere on Instagram beyond the domain of the Website. To attract guests to your website, from a Messenger bot, a particular campaign, or wherever you want to boost traffic, insert a link in this box.
Created by the category selected on a linked Facebook page, the Category section appears below your brand name. Showing your type of company will provide the guests to your account a stronger, instant understanding of what items you are selling.
As an essential element of your Instagram bio, call-to-action buttons can allow visitors to your profile, you may want to contact your business easily. Based on your business type, you can insert several different action buttons as below:
Send an email to your company.
Get directions to a bricks-and-mortar location.
Contact your business via phone.
Book an appointment.
Make reservations at a restaurant.
Get tickets for an event.
Story Highlights are lists of Stories that you can display on your Instagram profile as clickable thumbnails. When you post a Post, you can save it to highlights that will be presented in your bio. Besides, you can also save and use Stories in an archive for future Highlights.
Highlights contain two parts. The first part is the Highlight name where you name individual stories and thumbnail Highlights. The other one is the Highlight cover. It is the custom icon or image that depicts the topic of the Story displayed in the thumbnail.
Personal Bio ideas
Best Instagram Bios ideas
- Can’t Instagram, only calls!
- If I was a writer I’d have a better Instagram bio quote.
- Just making sure to love life.
- In a world of worriers, be the warrior
- Don’t invest emotions, Love is a depreciating asset
- The best of me is yet to come.
- Trying to become the best. That is why first I am being the worst.
- Making every day magical.
- I’m best served with coffee and a side of sarcasm.
- I practice what I post
- Error: Bio unavailable
Cool Instagram Bios ideas
- The best things come from living outside of your comfort zone
- Time is precious, waste it wisely.
- Here’s my story for the history books
- I’m a cupcake in search for her stud muffin
- In a world where you can be anyone, be yourself
- Success is in my veins
- The fool didn’t know it was impossible, so HE DID IT
- A warrior in a world of worriers.
- Being myself – Everyone else is taken.
- These are the days we live for.
- No this isn’t a dream, this is my reality
- What should I put here?
- Welcome to my world
- Friends who slay together stay together.
Creative Instagram Bios ideas
- Turn that blue follow button to white.
- I am not a virgin, My life f**ks me every day.
- It took me __ years to look like this
- Best $$ of me is yet to come.
- I’m hurt but I still smile. That’s my life.
- Battery about to die, I am about to live!
- Everyone else was taken so this is me
- I am not fat, I am just. Easier to see.
- I make money in my sleep 🛌
- flip the coin.. head I am yours, tail you are mine.
- Bio under construction..check back soon!
Instagram Bio Ideas for Girls
- Leaving a bit of sparkle everywhere I go
- Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
- Turned my dreams into my vision and my vision into my reality
- The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence.
- Better to be strong than pretty and useless.
- My standards are high… just like my heels
- Like me or hate me, I’d still be this pretty.
- Who runs the world? ME.
- Happiness never goes out of style
- Whenever I have a problem, I sing. Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.
- I shine from within so no one can dim my light
- I’m just a girl who enjoys minding her business…Literally!
- Just say whatever and Keep going.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Boys
- Good things happen to those who hustle.
- I have a phenomenal swag.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- I don’t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
- I talk, I smile, I laugh too. But be careful when I’m silent.
- Don’t be so quick to judge me. You only see what I choose to see you.
- I got to where I am today by being me
- I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today
- I’m devoid of all bias, I hate everyone equally.
- I’m out here hustlin’ to claim what’s mine
Simple Bio ideas for Instagram
- I’m the exception
- Simple but significant
- The best is yet to come.
- Instagram nerd.
- Livin’ a little
- Happiness is always trendy
- I woke up like this.
- Never. Stop. Exploring.
- Anything but predictable
- Smart. Strong. Silly.
- A camera in hand.
Great Instagram Bios ideas
- 🍂🍃Falling for you 🍂🍃
- ☕Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed ☕
- Having the time of my life ⏰🎉
- Looking at the world through 🌹colored glasses
- I’m sweet like honey 🍯
- Don’t study me. You won’t graduate 🎓
- 🌟Sending my selfies to NASA because I’m a star 🌟
- Please cancel my subscription to your issues
- Status Update: Currently hungry 🍔🍟🌭🌮🥗🍪
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings 😭
Best Instagram Bio ideas to Get Followers
- Follow Me To Greatness
- I think you’re too hot to follow me, let’s start!
- I don’t need followers. But you seem like a nice person.
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Just follow me. I will kill you by making you laugh.
- Follow as a friend and leave as a fan.
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me then follow the link below!
- By following me you will never do it wrong.
- Having you on my list will make me happy. Please follow me!
- Follow me to get a behind the scenes look at my life
- Hit the follow button and be amazed.
Cute Instagram Bios ideas
- I’m using your hate as my fuel.
- So grateful to be sharing my world with you
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- Let them say it and be busy slaying it.
- My life is better than my daydreams
- Too busy to be upset.
- I love my followers more than life itself
- Sometimes, it’s better to be alone… No one can hurt you.
- I’m not perfect. I’ll annoy you, make fun of you, say stupid things, but you’ll never find someone who loves you as much as I do.
- Every day might not be a good day but it is good in every day
Instagram Bio Puns
- They call me Febreeze because I’m so fresh
- Don’t kale my vibe
- Follow my Instagram or I’m nacho friend anymore
- I believe in bee-ing myself
- My Instagram account is very a-peel-ing
- Seas the day
- I like to stop and smell the rosé
- I’m awesome and currently having a purrfect day
- Spending my days in a well so I can say they’ve been well spent
- Artists never retire, they withdraw instead
- I’ve been told ‘You are what you eat.’ Guess I ate a sexy beast this morning.
- My name ain’t Mary but I’m still poppin’
Funny Instagram Bios ideas
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- A lie is just a great story ruined by truth.
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- A preview of my life. This is not the whole movie. P.S.: if you wanna get behind the scenes just head to my stories.
- Chocolate never asks me any questions, chocolate understands me
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure
- Save water, drink beer.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- “Be strong,” I whisper to my WiFi signal.
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people that recommend things.
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean but people always think I’m joking.
- In my house I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision-maker.
- I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
Instagram Bio Quotes Short
- This is me
- Follow me
- Welcome to my Instagram
- Check out the link below
- This is my life
- I got nothing
- Screw perfect.
- Happy thoughts
- Just smiles 🙂
- Meet (name)
- This is my bio
Swag Bio ideas for Instagram
- Even if you had instructions, you still couldn’t handle me
- I do not try to be awesome, awesome try to be me.
- Be young. Be dope. Run the show.
- I am another beautiful dream that you cannot fulfill.
- I’d rather make mistakes than fake perfection
- I don’t wipe tears, I wipe the people who created them
- It’s my chaos that made me beautiful.
- In a world of average, I’m savage
- Jealousy is a terrible disease. Get well soon!
- I don’t care about your opinion about Me.
- My Instagram is proof that I’m always creating a better version of myself
Perfect Bio ideas for Instagram
- Not like the rest of them
- Oh, you 😊
- One of a kind
- The best things in life are really expensive. You can have me for $7 billion 😉
- Aloha 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
- Hi. Hello. Hola. Ola. Bonjour. Ciao. Guten Tag. Namaste. Salaam.
- Life’s short, eat the cake 🍰
- Adding a little sparkle to your day ✨
- I regret nothing you see in this feed
- My greatest fear isn’t starting. My greatest fear is not making it to the top.
- Life is too short to wear boring undies.
Bio ideas Captions
- Life is short, false; it’s the longest thing you do.
- When the pain passes, you eventually see how much good came out of a bad situation
- I think you are lacking vitamin me!
- Mentally on the beach 🏖️
- So, you’re on Instagram? You must be an amazing photographer.
- I’m way up, I feel blessed
- Starting over
- If I die tomorrow, will you remember me?
- I’m sparkling like my water ✨
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not strong enough.
- We all start as strangers.
- If I was funny, I would have a good Instagram caption.
Myself Quotes for Instagram Bio ideas
- The hardest thing I ever tried was being normal
- I like it when you smile but I love it when I’m the reason
- I’m a limited edition, there’s only one me
- You couldn’t handle me even if I came with instructions
- Less talking, more action. Take a look at my pictures if you don’t believe me
- I am worthy of the greatness I hold
- It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.
- “You are enough” – I might have borrowed this great Instagram bio quote from a brand
- You can’t spell awesome without ME
- Born to shine bright
- Always be yourself because an original is always more valuable than a copy
Instagram Bio Quotes
- Welcome to my Insta world.
- Love without limits
- I’m not hot, it’s called cuteness overloaded.
- I put it here, maybe someone stole my bio.
- In a world of darkness look up at the stars
- I’m so deep even the ocean gets jealous
- You must feel attractive to be attractive.
- This is the virtual planet of a happy soul.
- In a world where you can have everything. Be a giver first.
- Follow me but don’t spy.
Instagram Bio ideas Text
- Single. Determined. Living life.
- Creating sunshine in the world
- I wonder how many calories my exes burned jumping to conclusions
- Always better together xoxo
- You’ll never shine if all you do is throw shade
- Just a little bit imperfect
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns
- Today’s the kind of day I live for
- No one’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going
Instagram Bio ideas Inspiration
- Every day I create a life I love
- When the world is dark look up to the stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Trying to watch more sunsets than Netflix
- I’m ready – let’s do this
- Be a flamingo in the flock of pigeons
- Making mistakes is better than faking perfection
- Sprinkling a bit of magic
- Sharing my happy thoughts
- Capture every moment
- I’m the rainbow 🌈 on a rainy day 🌧️
Instagram Bio ideas for Fashion
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch-nemesis
- My clothes might not change the world, but I sure will
- I’ll make you stop and stare
- My clothes highlight my colorful life
- I may be a fashionista but I’m not all about labels
- Shopping is my therapy – hey, it’s cheaper 😉
- “I need new clothes.” – Me, every damn day
- My ex doesn’t go with my outfit
- Money can’t be the root of evil since shopping brings people so much happiness
- Women can look beautiful in any outfit but the right outfit can make women become powerful
Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
- Welcome to my 👑dom
- 👇 Check out my photos 👇
- Just click follow button 😉
- Traveller ✈️ Book Lover 📖 Obsessed with tacos 🌮
- Sleep 💤 and get relax. Great Ideas will come 💭
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- L💖VE is in the air🧘
- Currently hanging out in 🇵🇹
- Laugh while you have teeth 😀
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
Fitness Bio ideas for Instagram
- Workout enthusiast and personal trainer
- Helping you build healthier habits
- When you feel like giving up, keep going
- You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do
- Strength comes from doing things you thought you couldn’t
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for
- Today doesn’t need your excuses. Make it happen.
- The worst workout is the one you didn’t bother to do
- Hustle for more muscle
- Train insane or remain the same
Instagram Bio ideas for Models
- Shh… I’m Victoria’s Secret model. It’s such a big secret, not even Victoria knows
- Full-time Instagram model – DM for business inquiries
- I’m not just a girl with a phone, I’m a model
- The prettiest smiles hide the biggest secrets
- I wear confidence on my sleeve
- The most important part of a camera is the person in front of it
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Life is short, make every selfie count
- I don’t use filters for my photos – all real girl over here 🙂
Travel Bio ideas for Instagram
- I might not know who I am but I know where I want to be. Right here in paradise.
- My best stories are found within the pages of my passport
- I haven’t been there yet but it’s on my list
- ⚫wanderlust ⚫a strong desire to travel
- Join me on my next adventure!
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
- All I need is Vitamin Sea 🌊
- I like taking the scenic route
- Take advantage of every opportunity you get because some things only happen once in a lifetime
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell
Instagram Bio ideas Examples
- It’s better to be a lonely lion than a popular sheep
- Wake. Play. Slay.
- Creating the life of my dreams one day at a time
- I’ve scrolled millions of miles with my thumbs
- Life isn’t perfect but your photos can be
- C’est la vie
- I strive to impress myself
- See the good in the world
- Single and living my best life
- I may be a handful but hey you’ve got two hands!
Business Bio ideas for Instagram
- I believe in helping people
- Putting customers first since 2013
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY – 50% 👇
- Share your photos with us using #(brand name)
- 🌎 Free international shipping
- Contact us: [email protected]
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram
- Great selection of (type of products) merch
- Check out our best sellers below
Fashion/apparel Brand Bio ideas
- Würkin Stiffs
On Instagram, Würkin Stiffs promotes its brand and men’s magnetic collar-stay accessories. Its bio has a clear and concise brand voice, which aligns with its other channels of communication. It also embedded the main website with its hashtag and a straightforward URL.
- Manitobah Mukluks
Manitobah Mukluks Footwear company has an Instagram bio with a meticulously handpicked visual aesthetic. Matching bio images from Instagram and thumbnails from stories bring it a neat and on-brand appearance. Besides, it also features fun emojis, its branded hashtag, and personalized clickable contest links.
- KaiKini Bikinis
KaiKini Bikinis makes the most out of the Stories features, offering followers an inside look at their product and how it is created, and a guide on how to pick the ideal outfit for their desires. The bio also briefly informs the audience about upcoming events and items for sale.
- Johnny Cupcakes
Johnny Cupcakes offers followers an insight into the daily life of the founder Johnny Earle, establishing a genuine and personal bond with customers. Social proof in the form of a Boston Globe nod as well as plenty of emojis brings this Instagram bio the perfect mix of entertainment and business.
iHeartRaves also prioritizes the use of emojis, which attract their younger music-festival-going audience in particular. The apparel retailer places emojis in its Stories titles to promote events, product collections, and giveaways. Its bio features a branded hashtag and a shopping link for products published to Instagram.
Jewelry Brand Bio ideas
- Patrick Adair Designs
Patrick Adair Designs has a more flexible method to emojis, using arrows to direct user’s eyes to its Linktree URL. It utilizes Stories to go behind the scenes and illustrate the process of customizing handmade rings.
- Beth Macri
The jewelry of Beth Macri is also customizable and, like many other brands, its Instagram bio has emojis that direct users’ eyes towards the main Linktree URL CTA. This CTA allows consumers to share their content with a branded hashtag that aligns with its marketing initiatives.
Beauty/skincare Brand Bio ideas
Blume’s Instagram bio is succinct, hilarious, and directed towards women, telling them where they can purchase in-store items. Blume is also presenting its visual beauty with colors and design on-brand. The link Linkin.bio directs shoppers to a page where they can buy stuff too.
It is, without a doubt, that Poo-Pourri has one of those amusing Instagram bios that features the poo emoji right in its profile name. What’s more, the message articulated in the copy is entirely branded, complementing the overall brand voice’s wit. A quick link to Linkin.bio directs users to a page where they can find out more about the products posted on Instagram and buy them easily.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company
The Rocky Mountain Soap Company uses emojis inspired by nature, in line with the products from the company. The link to Linktree introduces you to a page where you can access more info, have a free gift, or browse the entire online store. Stories show the brand’s sustainability efforts, and in-person stores, and events.
- ColourPop Cosmetics
Thanks to its Instagram bio with an adorable animal emoji, ColourPop Cosmetics can share a branded hashtag and make people aware that their products are cruelty-free. Its bio also informs guests of where the brand can be found online, through Tik Tok, where ColourPop reveals beauty useful tips.
- Love Hair
Love Hair primarily devotes its stories to showcase ranges of items, but it also offers tips to help consumers improve their hair care. It clarifies the advantages of its items, integrates a branded hashtag, and directs users to the homepage of its website.
Technology/Electronics Brand Bio ideas
- Master & Dynamic
On its website, Master & Dynamic uses compelling graphics, and its Instagram is the same, the thumbnails of the brand ‘s Stories leap off the screen immediately. Stories focus on specific items, and the bio is clear and sharp as the visuals from M&D. Its bio also has the Website URL for users who would like to read more.
- Quad Lock
Quad Lock’s thumbnails have a uniform, icon-based approach to its Stories, with black backgrounds and striking white graphs. Its bio illustrates its policy of free shipping and promotes Quad Lock sister brands. Emojis attracts the attention of users whilst a branded hashtag promotes social networking and provides an opportunity to be highlighted. The bio directs viewers to a landing page on Linktree too.
- Studio Proper
Studio Proper is a brand that offers phone and mobile device cases. It uses the exact opposite for the thumbnails of Stories: a white backdrop with black imagery. The Instagram bio in this is without emoji and generates a nice and clean look. The bio includes the brand’s tagline, a short product summary, a cross-promotion of its B2B platforms, and a website URL.
- Zero Gravity
Zero Gravity does not use emojis on its bio, even the title of a Stories collection includes one. Also, the bio includes an email address. Its customer support team is very devoted and always tries to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience for its existing and potential customers.
Home goods Brand Bio ideas
- Port of Raleigh
The purpose of using the Instagram bio of this brand is to clarify what items it sells and where consumers can access them: online or at their bricks-and-mortar store (complete with shop hours). In the Community Highlight, Port of Raleigh’s bio highlights shopping spaces and commonly asked questions, and clips of other attractively designed spaces and events.
- St. Frank
St. Frank starts its Instagram bio with a sort of social proof: Vogue magazine applauding the brand for its textile products. Besides, the use of this bio aims to support its ethical practices, brick-and-mortar stores, and free shipping policies. It adjusts the link frequently, and it highlights its official page, from which users can experiment with new items and sign up for a mailing list.
Like St. Frank, Hem uses its bio area on Instagram to reinforce the commitment and mission of its business. Besides, it adjusts its bio to encourage in-person activities. Hem’s Stories are collections of carefully created products with creative design.
- Floorplan Rugs
Floorplan Rugs primarily uses its bio space on Instagram to highlight its bricks-and-mortar store. As the end goal of Floorplan Rugs is to improve Instagram traffic to become foot traffic at its sister store in L.A, the brand prioritizes simplicity.
- Au Lit Fine Linens
Au Lit Fine Linens has a straightforward and clean brand reflected by its Instagram bio. Simple visuals on a mutual setting make up the thumbnails for its Stories, which curate gift ideas, new products, behind-the-scenes content, etc. “We change the way you sleep,” is the promise Au Lit Fine Linens makes. Its clickable link is super useful in promoting new and frequently updated blog posts.
Food and beverage Brand Bio ideas
- Perfect Keto
Perhaps, Perfect Keto’s sole reason for using emojis is to attract the users’ attention to the area it wants to highlight: mission statement and new products. More specifically, this URL is for a new item. Story collections contain healthy Keto tips and motivation, podcasts, and recipes.
- Ugly Drinks
Ugly Drinks has an Instagram bio and it’s anything but hideous appearance. The list-like approach makes reading each of the points simple, emojis suit the brand’s liveliness, and there’s a branded hashtag that entices users to follow and share. Mentions of Quartz, Forbes, and Bustle to which the business is donating a part of its income offer social proof. The link directs users to a page where they can buy its products.
- Skinny Teatox
Thanks to its Instagram bio, Skinny Teatox- a global company can tell followers of the benefits of shopping with it: all-natural products and fast delivery. It also contains social proof: “Thousands of happy customers”, which indicates that their product has worked for other people, so it can work for you as well. The CTA is powerful and in all capital letters, it attracts attention and directs users to the main homepage.
- Press London
Press London’s Instagram bio sounds like a bullet point list which is perfect for a smartphone audience that scrolls quickly. The Stories thumbnails suit the main profile picture’s branded green color and feature simplistic visuals.
Miscellaneous Brand Bio ideas
- Faucet Face
Faucet Face sells bottles of water but its bio from Instagram is more than just that. This bio with emojis and messages reflect the goal of the company to make the planet a better place for both people and the environment. Stories show the story of the company and the way it practices its mission, health and fitness tips, event videos, and ideas about how to contribute back to society.
- Two Wheel Gear
In its Instagram bio, Two Wheel Gear has included five following basic parts: tagline, definition, UGC CTA, social evidence, and Kickstarter link. What is most fascinating about this here is the way social evidence goes along with it. Instead of voicing a quote from an industry source, Two Wheel Gear highlights its blog author, Joe Meissner, who is an influential person in its niche. It can help improve the trust among the followers for the brand and its content.
- The Giving Manger
The Giving Manger offers a unique product: a DIY manger kit for families to make at Christmas together. Although it sells only one product, its Instagram bio has been used by the business in several ways: a heart-warming and emotional connection to customers, simple emojis, and website URL. Stories give an insight into how the product functions, the book that comes with the kit, and traditional ideas to begin with your family.
In its Instagram bio, Holstee is a vibrant and cheerful brand and this is represented in its bio. Rather than rely on emojis, however, Holstee uses a brief bio to convey its unique product. Its link with Linktree leads to its tools, products, sign-up membership, etc. Its Stories feature bold, solid-colored thumbnails to create a unique but attractive visual style.
- Pure Cycles
Pure Cycles has several core elements that make up its fantastic Instagram bio: light emojis use, well-designed thumbnails of Stories, and a link to its website. The bio also includes a support email address and a CTA for customers to post UGC with its hashtag like other instances.
Because you only have a limited number of characters available, before you begin optimizing the rest of your profile, you should take into consideration following the points as below:
What you’ll need to optimize in your Instagram bio?
Tell profile visitors who you are and why they should care
You should tell them what kind of product your brand sells and who you are targeting. You should use a brief text to convey your message quickly.
Your bio does not necessarily include only text. You can customize your font using LingoJam to customize your font, you only copy and paste the text into your bio. You can also use fun emojis, directional characters to lead the eyes of customers to particular sections of your bio, or a clickable link to your website.
Use clickable tags to promote branded hashtags and sister accounts
To attract clicks and direct engaged users to an Instagram feed of branded or user-generated content, you should include a branded Instagram hashtag in your bio. By doing this, your customers can generate a new post, use the branded hashtag in their Instagram captions, and share their photos using your products.
Branded hashtags are also searchable, they facilitate your process of collecting content and resharing it. You can also tag other accounts to direct your profile guests to your extra items. If you have a sub-brand with a different Instagram account or a partnership you would like to showcase, you can mention it in your bio (i.e., “@username”), and it will show up as a link.
Include a call to action
It’s essential to include a call to action (CTA) in the copy of your bio. CTAs can likely lead to the action that you illustrate since they clarify exactly what to do and how to do it.
Below are some approaches you can follow with your CTAs:
- Be direct: “Click our bio link to shop our latest products.”
- Encourage users to share: “Tag #brandedhashtag to be featured.”
- Promote a limited time offer: “Shop our Black Friday sale.”
- Highlight a contest: “Share your favorite flavor for a chance to win!👇”
Note that you should feature your highest priority CTA at the end of the bio. Chances are that customers will potentially take that action after you have told who you are. Besides, it will place your CTA close to your link. You should also give clear instructions where needed.
Take advantage of your bio link
Your Instagram bio link can help you to direct profile visitors to any page you want to share information, for example, your website’s homepage, a Kickstarter campaign, or a YouTube video. You can also choose to link to your latest product launch, a link curation page, a signup page for a course, an email list, contest; your latest article or video, an event registration page.
You can how effective your bio link use a URL shortener like Bitly as well as UTM tracking to track the effectiveness of your bio (measure click-throughs).
Include “Action Buttons” to allow users to reach you
You should direct customers to your favored channels including a phone number, email, or even directions to your physical store (if you have one). With “action buttons”, your consumers can easily contact you when they visit your profile. To incorporate the button, you can edit your profile and click Contact Options.
Allow Shopping on Instagram to showcase your products
Once you have set up Shopping on Instagram and begin tagging images with product tag, the Shop tab will shop up automatically. It is also home to all the content featuring your product tags, allowing users to browse your collection through the recently posted photos. To view them, they can click on any of these photos. If they want to find out more about the products featured, they can click one more time to go to your website’s product page and place an order. You should use product tags on prominent photos to have an impressive collection below your Shop tab.
Curate Highlights for your profile
As an indispensable part of Instagram marketing, Instagram Stories now feature Story Highlights so that they can last longer on your profile. Highlights enable you to save individual Stories into different “highlights,” to which you can name and organize.
These Highlights will stay your profile forever, right below your bio, above your feed, and the saved Stories will show up one after another when tapped on. At the top of your feed where people can notice easily, you can highlight the content that powerfully embodies your brand.
To create Highlights, you can go to your profile page and click New+ below your bio. Then, you select all the preferred Stories in your archive to include in your Highlight. After that, you name your Highlight (a maximum of 15 characters including spaces). After you name it, you can edit the cover image, and then your Highlight will be published to your profile. If you want to add to your Highlights, you can just tap on it and click Edit.
Share a “social media only” promo code
To persuade your customers into placing an order on our site, you should include a coupon code in your bio. Proved to be conversion drivers, discounts and promo codes convince guests to your site to buy your products. Besides, with coupon codes, you can monitor the number of sales or conversions you are driving more accurately.
IGTV is an extension of Instagram that allows brands to create videos that last up to an hour (compared to 60 seconds with a standard video post). These IGTV streams are live and are then published to your main page to allow users to tune in later.
To improve your Instagram bio, you can also display behind-the-scenes footage of the materials being sourced or the manufacturing process. You can also choose to partner with influencers to do an IGTV takeover or broadcast in-person events you are involved in, etc.
We are 100% sure that now, you can get yourself a perfect bio for your personal account or your brand. Hopefully, your Instagram bio will be memorable and have a profound impression on your followers. If you are running a business and promote it on Instagram, you should take into account the aforementioned objectives to incorporate in your bio. We hope that the bio you choose can enhance the performance of your business.
Furthermore, to get the most out of Instagram-a valuable platform to make money, you should adopt effective approaches. To learn about them, let’s check out this post: 6 Most Effective Strategies to Monetize Instagram in 2020.
If you still have any questions, please leave your comment under this post and let us know. We are always ready to help you out in case you need anything
About Author: Niara DuncanNiara is a content writer at Avada Commerce, a passionate girl whose desire is to sharpen her marketing skills. She is keen on reading novels, writing blogs, and listening to music in her leisure time. Her favorite quote is: Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
Auto-optimize website elements and structure in one-click.
Use Social proof to boost sales
Stunning size guide for great shopping experience
Increase customers’ shopping cart size with free shipping offer